Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

The passenger side mirror broke off the fitting; just a small plastic joint. The whole casing / fixture would need to be replaced according to Keeler Honda in Albany New York. The first quote from Nick - the service guy - was $350.

As the mirror was loose when I came in, and then broke off when they were looking at it, he kindly said they would pay to install a new mirror if I purchased the part. He even recommended that I check around w/ junk yards.

I logged on to this forum and found Majestic from RI and I obtained the part for $182, shipping $20. I was annoyed that the price from another Honda dealer was so much less. I called Nick, and he said the part was actually $250... so, it was only 27% less with a dealer in RI (perhaps the $350 included installation?). I asked why it was that Keeler charged more. He said that they keep prices competitive for the area. So, I guess it is not as frugal to own a Honda in NY as it is in RI. ???

AT LAST... TO MY QUESTIONS: Is there a preferred guy for junk yard parts? And are their many forum members in New York? My little car has not see a sibling in months...

Steele Andrews

·
Registered
728 Posts
That's funny. I deleted my passenger side mirror last weekend, replacing it with a camera. I took the old housing off the car, disassembled it, weighed it, put it back together, and threw it on the pile of parts I've removed from the car. It is scuffed and could stand a little paint. PM me for more info.

As to the rarity of Insights, I used to know a guy in Buffalo who owned one, so I guess it's still around. But I've yet to see two Insights in the same place at the same time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I see another silver one fairly regularly where I live. Most of my NY sightings have come in Ithaca, imagine that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.