Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just looked around at used prices for insights 2003-2005 (cars.com, carsoup.com, automart.com, autotrader.com), and I see ranges from about $16500 for higher mileage ones to $24000 for 2005's! I was thinking of a used one but I'm guessing I have very bad timing in relation to the hurricanes and current gas prices. Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Paul-

I think you are correct about the price of gas and the prices of used Insights. I have a 2001 with 65k miles. I bought it in Feb. 2004 with 45k miles. I paid <$10k at a dealer and according to NADA, the current retail is nearly $12k. With the spike in gas prices, I think I could get that.

What do you consider high mileage? Are you opposed to an earlier model? There might be more available.

Two other places to look: 1.) ebay (caveat emptor) and 2.) right here on Insightcentral.net.

Good luck.

Jim

·
Registered
569 Posts
I check Ebay all the time, and I have noticed the prices going higher recently. High gas prices + the highest mileage car + limited production of that car = higher prices for that car :(

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yep, when fuel prices rise historically we've seen appreciation for a few months at a time in the value of our cars. I paid about 15K for mine, slightly used lease return with 2,700 miles on it (a freakin steal), and now private party value even with all the miles i've put on it is about the same. What other car could you ever do that with?

·
Registered
147 Posts
ya and some silly insight owner sold me a 2001 insight with 89k miles for 10k... wish I could have paid 5k more for ricks 2005 :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts