Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a set of Yakima Whispbar S6 base rack, the k542 fittings, the Yakima SKS lock cores, and keys. Basically everything that you’d need to install these on your Gen 2 Insight. Everything was taken directly off my car and has been stored in the garage.

I bought these at the end of 2015 from another forum member who had them on his 2010 Insight before it was totaled. Well my 2011 Insight was totaled this past August and they crossbars won’t fit my new Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In :( I’m hoping to sell these to use the money towards the racks for my new car.

I used the racks off and on over the past 3 years to either haul a pair of mountain bikes or cargo box. They work great and are pretty solid on the roof.

Asking $150 (plus shipping). Huge savings over buying new and this one fits! I’m looking at dropping about $500 on a new rack setup for my new car. $150 is a steal, but I’m willing to pass them on to another Gen 2 Insight driver for the same amount I paid. I figured I’ll offer them on this forum for a couple of months before moving on to Craigslist/Ebay.

This rack does not require the wind fairing due to the design. It is an airfoil shape so it does not make that annoying hum and/or whistle like conventional crossbars.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I haven't gotten around to posting them on my local Craigslist. So, if you're interested, they're yours. I can also include the extra footings I have so they can mount on an Accord for no extra charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweeet! Definitely interested. Just need to sell the subaru this insight has replaced, hopefully in the next couple weeks. Think you can hold out a little longer?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'll hold off a couple more weeks. Gives me time to construct a box to ship things in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have for sale a set of Yakima Whispbar S6 base rack, the k542 fittings, the Yakima SKS lock cores, and keys. Basically everything that you’d need to install these on your Gen 2 Insight. Everything was taken directly off my car and has been stored in the garage.

I bought these at the end of 2015 from another forum member who had them on his 2010 Insight before it was totaled. Well my 2011 Insight was totaled this past August and they crossbars won’t fit my new Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In :( I’m hoping to sell these to use the money towards the racks for my new car.

I used the racks off and on over the past 3 years to either haul a pair of mountain bikes or cargo box. They work great and are pretty solid on the roof.

Asking $150 (plus shipping). Huge savings over buying new and this one fits! I’m looking at dropping about $500 on a new rack setup for my new car. $150 is a steal, but I’m willing to pass them on to another Gen 2 Insight driver for the same amount I paid. I figured I’ll offer them on this forum for a couple of months before moving on to Craigslist/Ebay.

This rack does not require the wind fairing due to the design. It is an airfoil shape so it does not make that annoying hum and/or whistle like conventional crossbars.
Good morning, I have a 2010 Insight, how much the shipping to 79912?, You can text me at 575-519-9766

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Adelcampo
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing