Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, but it's one I've been curious on for a while now.
I bought a Prolong Grid Charger for my G1 Insight, and I noticed that it is marked for the G1 Insight. Now my question is, can I use this same charger on other hybrids using the harness for that car or would I need a whole different charger? I'm curious as I'm possibly thinking of getting another hybrid for my next vehicle and it would kind of suck to have to spend another ~$350.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but it's one I've been curious on for a while now.
I bought a Prolong Grid Charger for my G1 Insight, and I noticed that it is marked for the G1 Insight. Now my question is, can I use this same charger on other hybrids using the harness for that car or would I need a whole different charger? I'm curious as I'm possibly thinking of getting another hybrid for my next vehicle and it would kind of suck to have to spend another ~$350.
Yes, but you're limited to the G1 voltage range, which would mean G1 Insight, HCH1 and G2 insights.

Jeff may give better info.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
This is correct. Our products are downward compatible, but not upward. Higher voltage units work with smaller battery packs, but not the other way around. You can call (800) 589-0730 and we can address any specific compatibility questions you have

·
Registered
5 Posts
will G1 work on G2

Will the G1 harness work for the G2?

The wife has a G1 grid charger and was wondering if i can plug and play the same charger for my G2. Do i need extra harnesses or another charger entirely.

Thanks and dont mind the dumb question

This is correct. Our products are downward compatible, but not upward. Higher voltage units work with smaller battery packs, but not the other way around. You can call (800) 589-0730 and we can address any specific compatibility questions you have

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Will the G1 harness work for the G2?

The wife has a G1 grid charger and was wondering if i can plug and play the same charger for my G2. Do i need extra harnesses or another charger entirely.

Thanks and dont mind the dumb question
The harness will not cross over. You will need a G2 harness. The G1 Insight Charger can be used on a G2 Insight, but not the other way around. When this is done, the current fluctuates and the process will take ~40% longer, but it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts