Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite 175k miles. My Bumblebee battery died (well, it threw a P0A7F, so not REALLY dead, but) out of warranty, and I simply am not clever enough to figure out grid charging. So I expect I should sell it, but only to an Insight aficionado, natch. I have never had a problem with the tranny--and I expected it to be the first thing to go! Mods are in my sig. LMPG is 51.7 mpg. What venue do y'all recommend for selling it, and what price would you suggest? I'm not seeing an 2006 sold listings on eBay, but it looks like the tranny is going for $600-700?!

·
6,916 Posts
:eek::cry:

PM me please, we'll get you back on the road.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sounds like Eli has you covered. I just got my CVT running. It had one of his packs that had been abused and lost a cell. I replaced the stick and am back on the road and as happy as a clam. I love this CVT!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Sounds like Eli has you covered. I just got my CVT running. It had one of his packs that had been abused and lost a cell. I replaced the stick and am back on the road and as happy as a clam. I love this CVT!
Cvts are not worthy much,,as it sits,,would need pics I'd say 700 to 900 tops,

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are you located? Others may be willing to help you too!
About 90 minutes from Columbus OH, site of the 2019 InsightFest. Which I discovered today. And registration is already closed. 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be at InsightFest tomorrow for anyone who would like to look at it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just keep it, turn off the ima battery and unplug the 2 plugs from the bcm. The cvt's are much more tolerable to drive without the ima battery. Try it before you decide to get rid of it just because of the battery. You will get around the same mpg without it.

Been there, got that t-shirt five years ago. I disagree on both counts. It feels underpowered (and I am NOT a power-hungry driver), and I do lose mileage, 5 mpg or so.

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
+1. I hate any Insight without a working IMA. I consider them to be so underpowered as to be dangerous. On the highway,not so bad, but around town they are horrible

Sam

·
Registered
62 Posts
The cvt's arn't as bad to me since you can put it in sport mode when your stop and go in town. But to each his own. It's just hard to get good value for an insight with a bad battery.

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Maybe, but my wife's CVT is just as dangerous as my 5-speeds. Maybe I could get used to it if I had to, but I don't, and if I did I'd get a different car for my hobby

Sam

·
Registered
451 Posts
+1. I hate any Insight without a working IMA. I consider them to be so underpowered as to be dangerous. On the highway,not so bad, but around town they are horrible

Sam
I used to believe this. Then I got rid of my battery. Sure, this thing won't race anywhere, but flooring it will allow you to keep up with the average pace of someone accelerating "normally". You just have to adjust your driving style. I almost always upshift before 3K, and for the most part have no problem keeping up with the slower end of traffic.

Not dangerous by any means.

·
6,916 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
Eli
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing