Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 EX Insight purchased new and just went through the car flashing every light in the world on the dash. Current mileage is 87k. After some investigation Honda dealership found misfire on cylinder 4. Compression test showed valve bypass. Corrective action was a valve adjustment. Has anyone else seen this type of thing on this Atkinson motor? Feel like I am just going to have adjustments done every 70-75k.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't know of a compression test that would indicate "valve bypass" maybe a leak down test...

That said, a few high mileage G3's (like yours) have had tight valves cause miss fire codes.

In the "old" days we adjusted valves every 30,000 miles, the new 105,000 mile interval is too long imho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine done at the same time and for the same reason you just described... I guess the insight assembly line didn't do a good job with the valves... some of mine were too loose and some too tight... hopefully it's not a wide spread problem.... but definitely something that can happen even under 100k miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts