Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I amy splurge and get Vanity Plates for the G1 I'm currently searching for....
Any thoughts on something clever? come on folks go nuts

would
"insightful" fit??

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
I have: "99+MPGS"

Wanted "100+MPG" but California won't let you do three numbers then three letters on an plate. We do get the plus sign though which is nice :D

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Here's evidence of getting something by the DMV. It's not mine.

I plagiarised the '144VLTS' used by one of the Canadian owners for my '05.

edit: N Sight, I like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
What a great system you have in North America for number plates. Here in the UK we are limited to combinations that have been issued and adhere to a strict system of numbers and letters-you cannot simply make up your choice of plate.
Possible plates that you can have and are available in Pennsylvania-
A couple of rather whimsical ideas
WISPA BY
GLIDE ON
Don't know what colo(u)r your motor is but you could have
RED UFO
GRAY UFO
BLUE UFO is taken but you could have
BLU UFO
If you want something esoteric you could have
CDA 5
CD 025
or
LOW DRAG
I really envy the system you have. I have seen a few plates in the UK that have made me smile but only one that made me laugh out loud : ironically that had a distinct American theme . I saw it as I was pottering down the motorway . A large Mercedes cruised slowly past me with the number plate
YE 51 REE .

·
Super Moderator
1,905 Posts
About 2 months ago I tried to order my screen name, KLR3CYL from the state of California and got a letter back denying it because they thought some people might find "killer" offensive. I might still try to appeal.

Scott

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I don't get it.

Send me $80 and another $50 a year every year for 10 years and I'll make you a nice sign for the back of your Insight.

You can have as many letters as you want. I'll even allow profanity.

Never have understood the appeal of vanity plates.

I'd rather take the money and drive the Insight an extra 1000 miles every year with free gas, for the cost of the plates.

Now, back on topic

I didn't check if available

SIPSGAS
HIGHMPG
BESTMPG
GO4MPG
BUZZCAR

Reminds me of a time we were trying to come up with name for a clothes whitening product at work. I had a computer program that made product names based on some questions it asked about what impression you wanted the product name to give the customer.

It suggested Sunnova.

We didn't use that. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Send me $80 and another $50 a year every year for 10 years and I'll make you a nice sign for the back of your Insight.

You can have as many letters as you want. I'll even allow profanity.

Never have understood the appeal of vanity plates.

I'd rather take the money and drive the Insight an extra 1000 miles every year with free gas, for the cost of the plates. :D
PA has a one time $20 fee. I always thought they were more too!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts