Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this mod someone did online. Go to this link for the full thing.
Here's a few select pictures... What are your thoughts. I'm on the fence about it.
http://honda-tech.com/insight-cr-z-154/don-nguyen-|-matte-black-vinyl-roof-wrap-white-honda-insiight-3193607/

My front bumper portion and grill is plasti dipped black already as well as the recessed portion of the bottom rear bumper... and my car has dark tints so i think it might work. Going for a Black and White look.

I saw a white veloster as well as acura crossover that has a black top similar to that and it looked very nice

Happy to hear some opinions.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I like the red honda logo. It looks cool, but Id be worry it would lead to a warmer interior in the summer depending on where on Earth you are located.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd dip it first, see if you like it, then try the vinyl. Or you could dip the top first and put the vinyl on top if you're worried about damaging the paint. I think it looks cool.

The red Honda emblems are a little strange for the Insight in my opinion. Honda only puts them on their Type-R vehicles. The Insight is hardly a race car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Vinyl roofs were always a bit of a mystery to me, yes on the right car they look great, but sticking vinyl to paint with contact adhesive or similar never made sense to me. In a hot climate it will warm the car up and eventually get baked off. In a cold climate it will probably lead to moisture trap, pain degradation and rust; but in all climates it will increase wind resistance and lower economy.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
When I hear of vinyl roof I thought of these from back in the day where they make a hard top car look like it has a convertible top.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks great, but Summer sun is hot enough. I got a white car to keep the heat and burns down to a minimum. I'm in Maine, and if you dare... go ahead and stick your hand on a black car that's been out in Summer sunshine at noon. It will cause pain in Maine.

If you don't mind the heat absorption, I would do dip to try it out, but if you like it, just paint the top shiny black. Shiny black will look like glass.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts