Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
J . K .;257098 why does every other country get these high mpg vehicles and america cant.[/QUOTE said:
Retarded regulators who make laws for the purpose of protecting domestic interests as opposed to pollution or safety.

Seriously though VW REALLY frowns on its own cars from "another market" getting into the US, they go so far as to find and sue violators. Like those who try to sell new classic VW bugs from Mexico here.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Retarded regulators who make laws for the purpose of protecting domestic interests as opposed to pollution or safety.

Seriously though VW REALLY frowns on its own cars from "another market" getting into the US, they go so far as to find and sue violators. Like those who try to sell new classic VW bugs from Mexico here.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a brand new VW Type 2 watercooled mini bus.

·
Registered
642 Posts
im not surprised. we never get the high mpg vehicles other countries are offered.

and whats the reason behind that? supposedly our strict emissions standards dont meet international regulations? what a load of ****

why does every other country get these high mpg vehicles and america cant.
Your fuel prices? Less demand until recently for these type of cars!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
3,641 Posts
Thus we count our blessings that Honda had the balls to bring us the Gen 1.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
jonnyvtec got a point. Basically its a cycle that never ends. You mismanage your money and are ignorant, have bad credit, cant afford a new or even used fuel efficient car, you buy a truck or suv, you stay in the poor house.

I know my uncle made a lot of money, but I cant see anyone with any sense to pay 400 bucks a month in fuel. That tacoma I brought from his estate was unbelievable at its 18 mpg and it was a small v6 engine. I could see if it was 5,6,7 liters or so, but it was like 2.3 I think.

I am just glad I got for it what I paid for it in trade for the Insight. :D

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
UK pump prices now up to £1.42 per litre = $8.40 per US gallon...

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I wonder how much is a US dollar worth in your country? 50 US cents? As is gas is average 4 dollars for a gallon. Some areas a little over 4 bucks, some areas a little less.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
We had a few threads in the gen 2 forum about why buy an insight over a hyundai as the hyundai had better mpg. I told those who believed it to go for it. Man, I was laughing soo hard I pee-ed all over myself back then.

Who in their right mind would believe a non hybrid can get hybrid mpg? :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
We had a few threads in the gen 2 forum about why buy an insight over a hyundai as the hyundai had better mpg. I told those who believed it to go for it. Man, I was laughing soo hard I pee-ed all over myself back then.

Who in their right mind would believe a non hybrid can get hybrid mpg? :D
If it is a very small and very light car it will get better mpg than a heavier hybrid. I had a geo metro '94 , that I drove like I stole it most of the times and still got ~50 mpg.

If you take that metro, make it lighter (aluminum body , etc ), taller gears and a small diesel engine , you would be able to get 70-80 mpg with not too much effort...

too bad I donated it to a charity 10 years ago.... (nobody wanted to buy it even for $500 back then) :(

·
Registered
943 Posts
I wonder how much is a US dollar worth in your country? 50 US cents? As is gas is average 4 dollars for a gallon. Some areas a little over 4 bucks, some areas a little less.
58% of the price of unleaded here is tax (duty and vat). 60% of the price of diesel is tax.

Sent from my MB526 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 29 Posts