Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Insight LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, im having a bit of an issue and i thought perhaps i could gain some insight on this forum. (pun mildly intended)

For several months I was having the 3 error code VSA pop up at random intervals. It didn't bother me too much after looking into it, it was more beneficial due to the engine not shutting off at a stop, so i figured i'd handle the issue when i had time. Well, a week or so ago, it came on permanently, not intermittently. I surfed the internet and discovered it's probably either a very expensive fix or the 12V battery. I had the battery load tested and sure enough, it was bad. Replaced the battery after a couple starts, VSA issues gone, but i noticed it wasn't shutting the engine off at stops. After a few starts i got the error again.

Here's where it's weird to me. the error only stays on for 1 on cycle. if i restart the car it's gone. and it comes on only after a few starts. I'm currently awaiting a code reader to check what codes i get when it happens again, but i figured i'd ask yall if yall have any sort of advice because i really don't want to bring it to a dealership to get charged probably close to 3500 for a fix.

edit The problem has become much more intermittent since replacing the battery. It actually took so long for the error to pop back up, i thought maybe it was a fluke the error was occurring anymore. However, it did pop up and while I havent gotten an OBS reading yet, should have that either today or tomorrow, I do have the blink codes.

ABS- code 16 > 17 > then there are 4 more codes. the problem is they appear to be 60, 61, 61, then 62.

Since i know nothing of blink codes besides what Willie informed me, I don't even know if these series of codes makes sense. /edit

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,704 Posts
DO the blink tests if you have CEL. Then we could probably help. Please include your location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You,

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a very similar problem, turned out to be a faulty Yaw sensor.
Got a replacement from a wreckers yard for £25, took around an hour to get to the sensor. (Which is under the radio)

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,704 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Insight LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a very similar problem, turned out to be a faulty Yaw sensor.
Got a replacement from a wreckers yard for £25, took around an hour to get to the sensor. (Which is under the radio)
ill look into that, i've realized i was clearly ill prepared to make this post in the first place by not gathering enough relevant data so i'll forgo updating until I can get some solid and parsable data

1 - 7 of 7 Posts