Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to identify VTEC, IVTEC & Non VTEC engines?? Since Insight has no any label regarding this, is there any visible marks? whether no of spark plugs provide clue in this regard???:confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts
There's a label. Open the hood. Says right on the engine cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if i found the label, i am not goin to put this question here. i CHkd all over the car no single label indicating so called technologies were not found. in the hood, top of the engine cover, it SAYS "IMA integrated motor Assistant" Only

·
Registered
790 Posts
You're right. My bad. Just about every Honda automobile states right on the engine cover ...

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Its an l13a with i-Dsi ignition dual i pause vtec. Its the older Fit engine that was used in the late 90s early 2000 that were outside the US. The US models had the l15a engine.

No, its not documented under the hood or on any sticker, label, etc.

Its 1.3l engine with 8 valves, 8 spark plugs 10.8 to 1 compression with offset crank. Peak torque is around 4800 rpms. The diff between this and the hch is it is more efficient so it has less power output and the power is higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing