Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Volkswagen has been showing the "1 Liter" car for ten years, and still not produced it. I think they like to tease people and attract attention.
I want the VW Polo with its 3 cylinder engine. It gets an amazing 80mpg on the highway, 60 in the city. Basically the same values as its predecessor the 3-cylinder Lupo.

Volkswagen Polo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
The car is supposed to be going on sale this year, but according to my source from within VW it's supercar money and will be a very limited production run.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Interesting it's also got the I1's narrow rear track and fender skirts... but would you look at how skinny those front tires are in the snow shot???
It's quite probable thery are snow tires which are often quite a lot narrower than std, see attached pic for an example.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
The car is supposed to be going on sale this year, but according to my source from within VW it's supercar money and will be a very limited production run.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

"Prices will be confirmed closer to the XL1's release date but they're expected to be very similar to that of the Vauxhall, which costs a little over £30,000 after the Government’s EV grant. "

Read more: Volkswagen XL1 pictures | Auto Express

I'd bite their hands off at £30K!!! Gull wing doors, concept car looks and a true successor to the gen 1 onsight at last.

·
Registered
83 Posts
"Prices will be confirmed closer to the XL1's release date but they're expected to be very similar to that of the Vauxhall, which costs a little over £30,000 after the Government’s EV grant. "

Read more: Volkswagen XL1 pictures | Auto Express

I'd bite their hands off at £30K!!! Gull wing doors, concept car looks and a true successor to the gen 1 onsight at last.
Is biting ones hands off a good or bad thing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
More info released today -

2-cyl 0.8 liter rear-mounted diesel engine
7-speed transmission
5.5 kWh lithium ion battery
0.189 Cd
1752 lbs empty weight

ability to travel 31 miles on electricity alone
> 310 mile range on a tank of fuel
combined 68 hp, 103 lb-ft
0-62mph in 12.7s
top speed 99mph (governed)

Looks promising, but the range is insufficient for me. I bought my Insight because I was tired of stopping at the gas station all the time. 750 miles on a tank of gas is too enjoyable to give up.
__
Neil

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Do. Want.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
A few pieces of important information missing from above:

Claimed 314MPG imperial and only 29g CO2.

However VW may only lease the car (EV1?) according to one website and another says that it will cost £70K to buy!

Not surprisingly VW UK have only requested 50 of them.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Geez, just make a body that shape out of stamped steel, ditch all the carbon fiber, and let it weigh 2000 lbs but people can actually buy it.

Carbon fiber... sigh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts