Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want rear view mirror that shows the entire view from the top of the hatch window to the bottom of the lower window. don't want anything electronic to hook up with wires. Has anyone replaced the stock rear view mirror with something that is simple to do and provides a larger view? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Brookstone had 'em

Nice wide-angle view, clips right on, I can see out the little back windows and even the right side of my face smiling back at me. Sounds extreme, but it's not like those weird half-globe things you see in stores afraid of shoplifters and hospital corridor corners. It's actually easy to get used to and I can't drive without it.

I couldn't find it on the brookstone.com website, though... I googled the thing and found this for you, looks identical to what I have right down to the price:

http://www.teacherhumor.com/QVC/QVC-Detail/V18721.html

You might check your mall Brookstone store, I can't imagine they discontinued the mirror, but stranger things have happened... :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Instead of paying the $20 from that site, eBay sells 'em for much cheaper, and they're the real deal too. Also, I've seen them sell around here for $10 at most so just shop around. :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I remember seeing an Insight on eBay that had one of these: AllView Mirror

It's a little pricey at $49.95. Of course, the Insight I saw it on was from Beverly Hills! 8)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi flora-

Some things to be aware of: Wide mirrors may interfere with sun shades, & “objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.” Both of these may not matter to you, or their effects may be minimized depending upon your choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts