Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hybrid-battery.com has gone out of business. Web site shut down and phones not being answered.

We orderered a Better-Battery for our 2000 Insight in Feb 2012. We received notice that parts to assemble the battery would be available in 10 days. We were invoiced for the balance due the next day. Balance was paid.

Emails were not answered. Phone calls not returned.

If they were going out of business, a reputable company would have:

1) stopped taking new orders.
2) complete and ship outstanding orders.
3) refund outstanding orders if they can not be fulfilled.
4) communicate with their customers.

Unfortunately, Ron Hansen and Hybrid-battery.com has not.

We are now without a replacement IMA battery and the $2375 we paid for the replacement battery. We are thankful we did not send our battery in to be rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,888 Posts
Please post your info on the "Money owed by Hybrid- Battery-Repair" thread, especially the Invoice number.

TKS
Willie

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Mness,

Yep this topic has been ragging on the site for about a week now. Sorry to say you are another casualty of HBR, look at the threads as there are several on this topic. Also please post your location on your signiture block, it seems that the guys on the west coast are the biggest loosers in this whole thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You may not have to just "take this"....

Hi all, I haven't been here in about two months and just heard today that the shale has really hit the fan with this one....wow, I did not see it coming.
I agree with a lot of what ChaoticDeconstruct has said. I think it very possible that Mr. Hansen has crossed the line into chargeable, criminal conduct.
I also think it very possible that Mr. Hansen has engaged in conduct that would "pierce the corporate veil" and make himself and any other principals personally liable.
I own a Honda Certified Pre-Owned 2005 silver MT that I am absolutely mad about, I have never been so in love with any car I've owned before.
I am also a general practice attorney with an office in Jackson Heights, Queens. My partner and I would be quite capable of delving into this matter. If a bunch of you came to us together then it could very well be worth our while to take on this matter as plaintiff....not so worthwhile for just one or two.
We (my partner and I) could also make a much more effective presentation to the Staten Island District Attorney, especially when representing a bunch of you, than any of you could on your own.
My partner and I would give a free consultation to a group of you for yourselves or perhaps also on behalf of others. The consultation would have to take place in Nassau County, Queens, or Midtown Manhattan. Depending upon the facts, we might be interested in taking the case on a contingent fee basis....simply retaining us would be another option, as the more of you there are, the less cost per person. We can represent plaintiffs from New York State and also out of state plaintiffs.
Please private message me if you have interest...no commitment....in my law office representing you in this matter. My name is Robert and I'm very distressed that this happened to you folks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been had by Hybrid Repair

I just sent another e-mail about my car which I purchased my replacement battery from Mr. Hansen last year. The battery still wasn't fixed and was brought back to his shop several times at weeks/months at a time. I paid a $750 deposit and another $850 upon the 'completion'. The car was only a few months old when purchased and shortly after in Mr. Hansens shop for repairs. I had towing expenses along with loss of business income and without a car for weeks and months at a time throughout last year and this year. My car is currently not running again and took it to my mechanic for cell readings on the battery. The cells are still dead so I sent them an e-mail today and received and automated reply back saying "they ceased operations".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts