Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere the warrantry in CA is 10 years/150k miles in California.
Is it ture? If so, does it cover all Insight from yr 2000 to 2005, and where can I find the official doc state it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the extended warrenty with mine to get it up to 10yr/100,000 miles. That should cover me to just about the mileage I pay it off at. As far as I know the standard CA warrenty is 3yr/36,000.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Simple answer is no.

There is a "class" of emission rating that some cars could be sold under which simply increases the emissions segment of the warranty to the limits you posted. While the Insights emissions fit this class, its emissions warranty does not. Its the manufacturers choice (again for models meeting the initial emission rating) of "how" the car is sold.
(under which rating and its corresponding emissions warranty)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your reply.

My 2000 Insight (MT) is now over 100k. I bought is as used several years ago. I assume that I can't buy extened warranty now for my Insight. If I buy a used Insight or Civic hybrid from Honda dealer, is the extened warranty like 10 yrs/ 100k mile is avairable even for used ones? I am thinking about buying second Insight or Civic Hybrid.

ty

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
There is an upper mileage limit that most "insurance" (read: extended warranty) contracts will allow 50K :?: But beware of the many different options. Honda care would likely be one of the best. Some only repair big ticket tiems with used parts (IMA battery). You've gotta read the fine print VERY carefully :!:

HTH! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts