Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the extended warranty, and I was wondering if I do any mods to the car would it void the warranty. would the warranty be voided if I had the mods professionaly installed(example: Best Buy, Audio Excellence, etc.) or would I have to let Honda install the mods...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Voiding warranties

It's illegal for a company to void your warranty simply because you had a non-warranty-provider work on your vehicle. The only way it can legally void your warranty is if Honda can prove, in court, that the modifications were the cause, or partial cause, of the malfunction. Even then, poor work quality only voids the warranty in the individual area worked on.

So go ahead, replace the stereo :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yes they have to prove it in court but what most likely will happen is the dealership might refuse warranty work. Then you have to start the court process, which could take a long time. If it's simple bolt on's, I'd take them off for warranty work just to be safe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, thanks. this was only at classic honda in orlando, there is another honda dealership that is a lot friendlier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts