Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
There is a reason that they keep the hydrogen and oxygen separate on the space shuttle, and oxygen and acetylene separate on a welder. HHO? I would want to be at least a thousand feet away from that vehicle when it was fueled up... no make that a mile away to be sure :shock:

·
Registered
144 Posts
This seems to be along the same thread as the Hydrogen Fuel Injection discussion in the modification forum.
The company has a web site at http://hytechapps.com
They claim to produce a boost in horse power that exceeds the amount of hp used to generate the electricity to generate the "hydrogen" gas, actually something the company calls "Aquygen™ Gas".
The gas is generated on demand and is injected into the fuel stream for combustion.
Any good reasons why this would not work? Assuming that this gizmo really can generate hydrogen gas (or Aquygen™ Gas) :? without a huge electrical demand.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The video along with the inventor's description has me pretty convinced that the HHO gas is for real. The key factor here is "hydrogen on demand". My best guess would be that the electrolyzer that this guy has developed utilizes some type of reasonably low power, high or ultra high frequency device, such as an ultrasonic or laser type device to instantly split distilled water into hydrogen and oxygen. Pretty ingenious IMO! As for the claimed 50% fuel efficiency when the HHO gas is injected into an internal combustion engine, I'm a bit more skeptical. The video claims "very little modification" to the 1.9L engine. :? I'm finding that rather hard to believe. As for the patented name of "HHO Gas", water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom (H2O), which leads me think that HHO may just be another way of saying H2O by defining the two hydrogen atoms as HH rather than H2.

The video had me a little confused at first as to whether the HHO gas was being mixed with a hydrocarbon fossil fuel or being injected solely on it's own as a single energy source. But the fact that the exhaust emissions contained no noxious gases or CO2 pretty much made it clear that the HHO gas wasn't being combined with another fuel source. I keep picturing melted aluminum pistons for some reason. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Snake oil.

Unless he can change the strength of the covalent bonds of the hydrogen- oxygen atoms it takes a huge amount of energy to "break" it.

Strange noone else has "discovered" this technique until the recent spike in gasoline prices have just enough people "panicky" enough to trust a stranger with their hard earned cash.

No offense to any of the posters but this is off-topic and as its Snake oil even more so.

Locking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.