Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've fixed the seat belt leaks in my car. Now I have to get the problem that I've tried to fix multiple times. There is water under both passenger and drivers side carpets. It's probably NOT the AC. I've watched for drips with it on for 10+ minutes (yes it hurt to see the gas wasted, but...) and I've cleaned the hose and checked the connection at the tube...so I'm totally lost. Only thing I can think of is condensation from the environment; I live in MI. Perhaps there is water in the underbody covers... Perhaps some gremlin is dumping buckets of water at night...

There is more water on the passenger side, but there is definitely water on the drivers side too.

Any experience with this?

Please help!!! :)

Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just came on to post/search for similar issue.

I have a really wet passenger floor too. There is nothing on the drivers side for me though. What do I look at as far as the A/C is concerned. I let it idle for a bit with A/C on and no drips from theglove box area.

For me the water is only in the floor in fornt of the seat, nothing under the seat at all.

EDIT: Did a bit of searching, and I would say look into door seals and try a pour test or hose test (ie soak the top/sides of the car) and look for water leaking near the speaker grills or out the bottom of the door panel.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
For me the water is only in the floor in fornt of the seat, nothing under the seat at all.
I do not have any leaks but I did notice when looking inside the passenger side wheel well area (rear) there appears to be a weld seam and the way mine looked, if the weld was not complete all the way across, there could be a chance of water getting into the cabin floor area just from the water being splashed from the tires then gravity doing the rest. I put a nice bead of silcone glue across that weld area just to be sure. Could be an area to check.

JoeCVT = Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be the windshield trim!

So I found (what I guess is an obvious structural breakdown) a place where water could get in at the bottom of the windshield where the black trim meets the windshield. There is a seal that is broken all the way along the windshield. This could allow water to get in all along the front of the car. I sealed it with black silicone and I'm waiting a couple days to find out if it helped.

PS: I think the water came not only from rain but from dew in the mornings, which would run down my windshield.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Did you seal between the plastic and the window or reseal the windshield underneath the plastic trim? I dont think the plastic trim is meant to be sealed to the window, maybe I am incorrect.

Can anyone else comment on wether the black plastic trim at the bottom of the windshiled should be sealed to the windshield?

I am still trying to track down the source of a leak, and also trying to dry out the interior in the cold NY winter is near impossible.

How difficult is removing the interior carpeting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts