Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, last April, my husband and I bought a brand new 2006 CVT Insight. It's been a great year and I have enjoyed getting 60 mpg and visiting the gas pumps less.
Today, we decided it was time to add another hybrid to the family. We decided to buy a new 2007 Prius. I thought about the Civic hybrid, but for the town driving that my husband does, the Prius is a better fit. Of course, I am keeping the baby(Insight) for myself. The Prius is a magnetic gray color and is lovely. I just hope the Insight will not be jealous.
The Prius makes the 4th hybrid in our entire family. My parents have an Insight and my brother-in-law (as of this Sunday!!! yay) has an Insight. The Prius is number 4. We are ecstatic about this. I know it may be a little off topic, but I hope that my Insight will welcome her younger Prius brother.

·
Registered
702 Posts
yay...congrats

post up some pics of the two of them!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely have to take their pictures together. How cute they will be :lol:

·
Registered
702 Posts
i know, such a cute family of gas savers!

cant wait

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Terrific! :D

In a two car, two hybrid family, the Prius/Insight combination is a good one. We have a few other 2 and 3 hybrid families here at IC. This creates a really strong public statement.

·
Registered
323 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is so exciting. :) Family get togethers must be awesome. In my family, i was the only non-SUV :(

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It would be interesting to find somebodywho has both a Prius and a Civic to see what they think of them in comparison...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to share some thoughts on the Insight vs Prius.

First off, the Prius is the gadget lover's car. A match made in heaven for my husband. :D I find it difficult to adjust to some of the features, but my husband loves it. I will say that everything is well thought out in the Prius and it has a classy look and feel. The ride is definitely smoother than my little silver Insight, but when I drive the Prius, I feel like I am driving a mini van. Not to say that it is sluggish or anything because it is not, but you sit up higher and it has that arched ceiling. In the end, when all is send and done, I am glad that I get to keep the Insight as my car. I love its handling and I like its design better. I managed to get 52 mpg with the Prius, but my CVT Insight is at 59 right now. I think what I like the best about the Prius is that it is my husband's car and it is one he actually chose. I can tell that it makes him happy to have it. Mostly, I am just glad that he did not want to switch vehicles :lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
We're also a 2 hybrid family. My mom drives an '06 Prius and dad has the '00 Insight. I agree the Prius is definitely for the gadget lovers...I'm not one of them. The Insight is a much more satisfying drive IMO.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had a 2g Prius as well -- I was averaging mid 50's mpg until I moved and now 90% of my 27 mile commute is 75mph....mileage dropped to 46/47mpg :cry: -- I didn't feel it was worth paying 25K for the car -- so I'm now looking at a used Insight (5spd) to max out my mpg.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My impression of civic hybrid vs prius has a lot to do with personal preferences. I like how Hondas perform and handle- better than the Toyotas.
for me, a toyota feels more detached in its ride- and while there are some benefits (the gadgetry)- I like the handling of the civic better. It turns better, I fid them grippier on the road, I like the dashboard aesthetics.

I don't have either cars, but I've driven both. I still love my '93 civic and the insight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts