261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
Administrator
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #263

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
Love the square avatars. Much more natural for pictures, which I hope to post soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Change the time for editing. I have a number of pictures and thoughts I'd like to share on a complete brake line/fuel line install. But, I know I'll have many edits over the time I post it. And frankly, the period it's set to now, won't cut it. Something like a week or something would be sufficient. I'm sure there are some ego types that think they're perfect and so should everyone else, but I'm not. I always go through several edits of my stuff as I reread and reanalyze what I wrote to further improve it. I tend to be a fast thinker and in the scramble to put my thoughts down, sometimes it needs further refinement.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you click on a thread and want to go page to page, clicking the "Prev" or any of the number doesn't seem to work in a case when you click to go to the last page first. It's like it forever remembers it and it just reloads. Click page 12 on this thread, nothing. Click PREV, nothing. It just reloads the dam page.

·
Administrator
10,960 Posts

·
Administrator
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Change the time for editing. I have a number of pictures and thoughts I'd like to share on a complete brake line/fuel line install. But, I know I'll have many edits over the time I post it. And frankly, the period it's set to now, won't cut it. Something like a week or something would be sufficient. I'm sure there are some ego types that think they're perfect and so should everyone else, but I'm not. I always go through several edits of my stuff as I reread and reanalyze what I wrote to further improve it. I tend to be a fast thinker and in the scramble to put my thoughts down, sometimes it needs further refinement.
We're working on rolling out a potential resolution here for editing. Based on what I am seeing from the development team we may have something within the first bit of 2020 so you can make your desired edits.

If you click on a thread and want to go page to page, clicking the "Prev" or any of the number doesn't seem to work in a case when you click to go to the last page first. It's like it forever remembers it and it just reloads. Click page 12 on this thread, nothing. Click PREV, nothing. It just reloads the dam page.
Where were you in the forum when you had this issue. What device and browser were you using? This is the first time I have heard of this error and I want to make sure I help you resolve it appropriately.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
243 Posts
Where were you in the forum when you had this issue. What device and browser were you using? This is the first time I have heard of this error and I want to make sure I help you resolve it appropriately.

-Gerrit
Yes. Just tried it again. Opened this thread. It opened on the last page. If I click 13 in the box above the thread to go to the prior page, it just reloads the same page. I'm on a desktop computer using IE.

·
Registered
671 Posts
We're working on rolling out a potential resolution here for editing. Based on what I am seeing from the development team we may have something within the first bit of 2020 so you can make your desired edits.
I've pretty much stopped posting technical information because I don't have any control over it once 24 hours have passed.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Why so long to implement? From my quick searching online, it looks like its a simple thing to do.

·
Administrator
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
I've pretty much stopped posting technical information because I don't have any control over it once 24 hours have passed.
Why so long to implement? From my quick searching online, it looks like its a simple thing to do.
This custom-built tool has to be developed, tested, and rolled out however it is on the priority list.

I hope to see this in the next 30-60 days.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
When are you going to re-locate the "jump to latest" box.?
I think it should be next to the "page" numbers. boxes.
Did the "signature" problem ever get fixed? (Not much allowed)

·
Administrator
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
When are you going to re-locate the "jump to latest" box.?
This may help some as a work around.

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
Did the "signature" problem ever get fixed? (Not much allowed)
Could you elaborate on what needs to be fixed?
-Philip

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
I try to update my signature and it says It is 6 lines to long, and only allows 1 link.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Reduced it down to 4 lines and 1 link.
Now says 4 links to long, only 1 link allowed.
Tried it again 15 min' later, now says 3 lines to long. only 1 link allowed.

·
Administrator
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Reduced it down to 4 lines and 1 link.
Now says 4 links to long, only 1 link allowed.
Tried it again 15 min' later, now says 3 lines to long. only 1 link allowed.
Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. Let me know where I can assist in explaining further :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Not to be too much of a jerk, but come on! Has any testing been done for browser compatability at all? This forum is now completely unusable in IE11. This is what I see:

How is it possible to screw up the CSS so badly and yet still go live with it?

261 - 280 of 295 Posts