Honda Insight Forum banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
When using the advanced search function the same thread appears multiple times. Really not useful. Is there an ability to search within a thread. That would be useful.

·
Administrator
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Not to be too much of a jerk, but come on! Has any testing been done for browser compatability at all? This forum is now completely unusable in IE11. This is what I see:
View attachment 84047
How is it possible to screw up the CSS so badly and yet still go live with it?
The site is optimized for modern and supported browsers. Microsoft has announced that in 2 weeks IE will no longer be supported, so it is likely that they haven't been actively updating a software to meet modern requirements for standard browsers. I can't affect their performance, but if you use any modern browser to access this site, you shouldn't be seeing any issue.

When using the advanced search function the same thread appears multiple times. Really not useful. Is there an ability to search within a thread. That would be useful.
I know we have recently updated our search functionality, so if you're experiencing an issue with this, can you provide me some further information. What terms were searched? How many results loaded between duplicate results? Can you provide any screenshots of this?

Thanks,
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I know we have recently updated our search functionality, so if you're experiencing an issue with this, can you provide me some further information. What terms were searched? How many results loaded between duplicate results? Can you provide any screenshots of this?

Thanks,
Gerrit
I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about my issue... try it. The best example I can give is to go into the thread LTO "Lithium" battery conversion thread, use the Search Community strip at the top and search for my posts, minor4326. It gives me the option to search within Forum or within Thread. I want to search within the thread. The results give me two responses. WRONG. Doesn't work.

·
Administrator
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about my issue... try it. The best example I can give is to go into the thread LTO "Lithium" battery conversion thread, use the Search Community strip at the top and search for my posts, minor4326. It gives me the option to search within Forum or within Thread. I want to search within the thread. The results give me two responses. WRONG. Doesn't work.
I want to make sure that I understand so that I can try to help. You are searching for your own posts, using your username rather than a keyword or phrase, is that correct?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Enter a search term or phrase and click enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass.

Advanced Search

To narrow down search results, click on “Advanced Search” after clicking the search bar.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from.

Enter your search criteria and click “Search “ at the bottom.

You can also access advanced search by clicking the 3 vertical dots near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Advanced “Search”

Search Specific Forum

If you want to search a specific section, navigate to the forum section before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

Search Specific Discussion Thread

If you want to search a specific discussion thread, navigate to it before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I was searching for my own user name as an example. I used Search Specific Forum. It did not work. Is there a way to search for a specific person within a thread?

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
If you type in their login name, it will give you the option of seeking in the site, forum, or this discussion (Thread?). IIRR

·
Administrator
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Hey there,
Thanks for trying out the improvements to the search function. Just so I am understanding things correctly, you're looking for a way to find your own responses, but specific to a given thread? Or are you looking to do this for any user and you're just using yourself as the test? The two may have different resolutions.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
looking to do this for any user and I'm just using yourself as the test , however looking for myself is also relevant, non-working test

·
Administrator
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Willie, I thought I portrayed just that. It didn't work. I want all of my posts listed from a specific thread.
This is not yet an option for advanced search. I have seen this come up and I know its on the drawing board for coming improvements to advanced search.
-Philip

281 - 291 of 291 Posts