Honda Insight Forum banner

281 - 300 of 335 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
When using the advanced search function the same thread appears multiple times. Really not useful. Is there an ability to search within a thread. That would be useful.

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Not to be too much of a jerk, but come on! Has any testing been done for browser compatability at all? This forum is now completely unusable in IE11. This is what I see:
View attachment 84047
How is it possible to screw up the CSS so badly and yet still go live with it?
The site is optimized for modern and supported browsers. Microsoft has announced that in 2 weeks IE will no longer be supported, so it is likely that they haven't been actively updating a software to meet modern requirements for standard browsers. I can't affect their performance, but if you use any modern browser to access this site, you shouldn't be seeing any issue.

When using the advanced search function the same thread appears multiple times. Really not useful. Is there an ability to search within a thread. That would be useful.
I know we have recently updated our search functionality, so if you're experiencing an issue with this, can you provide me some further information. What terms were searched? How many results loaded between duplicate results? Can you provide any screenshots of this?

Thanks,
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
I know we have recently updated our search functionality, so if you're experiencing an issue with this, can you provide me some further information. What terms were searched? How many results loaded between duplicate results? Can you provide any screenshots of this?

Thanks,
Gerrit
I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about my issue... try it. The best example I can give is to go into the thread LTO "Lithium" battery conversion thread, use the Search Community strip at the top and search for my posts, minor4326. It gives me the option to search within Forum or within Thread. I want to search within the thread. The results give me two responses. WRONG. Doesn't work.

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about my issue... try it. The best example I can give is to go into the thread LTO "Lithium" battery conversion thread, use the Search Community strip at the top and search for my posts, minor4326. It gives me the option to search within Forum or within Thread. I want to search within the thread. The results give me two responses. WRONG. Doesn't work.
I want to make sure that I understand so that I can try to help. You are searching for your own posts, using your username rather than a keyword or phrase, is that correct?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Enter a search term or phrase and click enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass.

Advanced Search

To narrow down search results, click on “Advanced Search” after clicking the search bar.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from.

Enter your search criteria and click “Search “ at the bottom.

You can also access advanced search by clicking the 3 vertical dots near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Advanced “Search”

Search Specific Forum

If you want to search a specific section, navigate to the forum section before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

Search Specific Discussion Thread

If you want to search a specific discussion thread, navigate to it before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
I was searching for my own user name as an example. I used Search Specific Forum. It did not work. Is there a way to search for a specific person within a thread?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,558 Posts
If you type in their login name, it will give you the option of seeking in the site, forum, or this discussion (Thread?). IIRR

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
Willie, I thought I portrayed just that. It didn't work. I want all of my posts listed from a specific thread.

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Hey there,
Thanks for trying out the improvements to the search function. Just so I am understanding things correctly, you're looking for a way to find your own responses, but specific to a given thread? Or are you looking to do this for any user and you're just using yourself as the test? The two may have different resolutions.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
looking to do this for any user and I'm just using yourself as the test , however looking for myself is also relevant, non-working test

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Willie, I thought I portrayed just that. It didn't work. I want all of my posts listed from a specific thread.
This is not yet an option for advanced search. I have seen this come up and I know its on the drawing board for coming improvements to advanced search.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
I've had much trouble using my phone on this sight:
-- Chrome browser and most others don't accommodate the reply.
-- I can't find an icon for Conversations so when I'm mobile I can't tell if I have responses...
  • Edit: Icon just showed up for the first time but it wasn't on Chrome.
--. Can't seem to easily find the information that's on the right side of the page on my PC
-- When I click on a thread it never goes to last one like the PC
chrome doesn't give me the ability to Edit posts, not even the three dots.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The site is optimized for modern and supported browsers. Microsoft has announced that in 2 weeks IE will no longer be supported, so it is likely that they haven't been actively updating a software to meet modern requirements for standard browsers. I can't affect their performance, but if you use any modern browser to access this site, you shouldn't be seeing any issue.
You are wrong. IE11 will be supported for as long as Windows 10 is a supported operating system.

This site is the only one I visit which does not work in IE11.

If a site is designed in such a way that it isn't usable in every browser then the site is designed wrong.

All you will do is alienate users.

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
I've had much trouble using my phone on this sight:
-- Chrome browser and most others don't accommodate the reply.
-- I can't find an icon for Conversations so when I'm mobile I can't tell if I have responses...
  • Edit: Icon just showed up for the first time but it wasn't on Chrome.
--. Can't seem to easily find the information that's on the right side of the page on my PC
-- When I click on a thread it never goes to last one like the PC
chrome doesn't give me the ability to Edit posts, not even the three dots.
Can you give provide me with a screenshot of what you are seeing both on your phone and on your PC, please?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
what makes it so hard for you to see the same results I'm getting? I'm using a Samsung S9 with Android 9. Nothing special with my phone. This pretty much says it all about what capability Chrome and Firefox DON’T have versus some off-brand browser that give correct results. My PC running Win 10 gives same presentation as my phone's Vivaldi browser. Obviously I can’t show how I never go to the last post.
1580153416600.png 1580153438297.png

Vivaldi browser /....................../ Chrome & Firefox browsers

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
what makes it so hard for you to see the same results I'm getting? I'm using a Samsung S9 with Android 9. Nothing special with my phone. This pretty much says it all about what capability Chrome and Firefox DON’T have versus some off-brand browser that give correct results. My PC running Win 10 gives same presentation as my phone's Vivaldi browser. Obviously I can’t show how I never go to the last post.
View attachment 84208 View attachment 84209
@minor4326

We have released some fit and finish updates yesterday that may have resolved this.

Can you confirm and if not we will get this ticketed off for you?

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
I see no change or improvement in my Chrome browser. Can't Admin see this? Am I the only one that can't send a reply or see my avatar in correct format?

·
Administrator
testing topical info
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Hello,

In the first screenshot you are logged in. Click on the first circle (around your avatar) to open a menu to access your conversations. Scrolling a tad down from the box should allow you a button to post a reply

The other screenshot appears to not be logged in, which is why you can't reply.

Did that cover the unanswered questions.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
you're correct. Just checked again. I thought I got logged-in automatically. I was wrong. Thanks

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
831 Posts
What does this mean? I know what it means, but why?

I just edited a post I put up 5 minutes ago and I am editing this one which at the time was 24 minutes old.

281 - 300 of 335 Posts