Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huh??? I had a most odd experience wat the dealership today. I took it in because my car was Lugging at low speed--which seemed to be the classic EGR problem, and since I hit 41K recently, the timing fit the pattern.
Then--it got wierd.
first, they told me I didn't have a EGR valve.
Then, they said they found it, but not where they expected.
Then, they said they talked to Honda service (the direct line) and got instructions for disconnecting the EGR valve, to see if it was the source of the problem.
(also, interestingly, they say that they haven't ever replaced a EGR valve--and they are one of the main repair places for insights in michigan.)

so--they disconnected it, and then drove the car around, and still got the lugging. Or, as they say, lurching.
so, I'm having them change the trans fluid, since I have no idea if it's ever been replaced, and it can't hurt.

Are they on crack?
or am i just insanely unlucky that my car has a crapped out tranny in less than 5 years. :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
466 Posts
if they just disconnected the control lines from the valve, it could still be stuck/leaking. should probably show up at idle too, but you never know....

andy g.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Disconnecting the EGR valve is a valid diagnostic step. And by your reported results sound like its not the source of your problem. :(

Again as a notice to all members multi-posting is strongly discouraged. While this is technically a tangent of bug_girl's other thread it's still multi-posting.

Multi-posting fractures the topic making following it much more difficult for all members. :( Bug_girl, if you spend enough time on message boards (well, probably too much time, but I digress) you will find that only the quantity of replies sometimes will increase. The quality replies will diminish as dedicated members begin to ignore the extra noise.

Locking

Please post any follow ups to bug_girl's other thread here:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3268

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.