Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after looking at a gray '01 with 89,000 miles and making a quick post last Friday, I made an appointment to look at red '00 #2131 on Saturday. Essentially bought it sight-unseen, putting a deposit down on the phone. The dealer said he would refund it if I didn't like the car, but also said I'd probably have to buy new to find one any cleaner.

After a 240 mile trip, I got to see the car for the first time...it was everything the dealer promised and more. 5 speed, AC, very clean, carfax OK, and just over 39,000mi on the odometer...hardly looked like the drivers seat has been set in. After a thorough once-over and test drive, I plonked down our negotiated $9,600 and trailered it home.

I've already signed up in the registry and looking forward to learning a lot more on here.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,925 Posts
Congratulations on becoming one of the "chosen few". Now if you would post the location where you live (my favorite gripe) all will be complete.

Stay with this group and you will learn how to appreciate the technology that you have purchased.

Good luck and "welcome home".

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Newest newest member??

Hello all! I just made my purchase this last Friday March 26. I'm the proud owner of a 2000 Honda Insight! This is very exciting. My wife and I drove from Dayton OH to Louisville KY and averaged 56.9 mpg with a mph of 70. I have enjoyed reading all of the post and this is my first.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the group!
There certainly is plenty to learn and this is a great place to start.

Sounds like you've read the posts. Don't forget to register yourself in the owners area and be sure to read the info in the knowledge base, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts