Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 4"x4" wet spot on the carpeting on the driver's side, about 6" in front of the gas & brake pedals. It's not a leaky mat and not from wet shoes or anything. Infact, I have not driven the car in a few days, so it can't be from rain that's been splashed up underneath. I have no idea where this moisture comes from. It's happened before but I thought it was the old mat, and replaced it with a new one---but my Insight "keeps wetting itself"! I bought my car new as a 2003 factory leftover in April 2004. Any others with this problem?

Also, I swear I can hear the clutch more now than when I bought it. Maybe my ears are being overly sensitive, but do others hear any clutching sounds? I've been driving my husband's new VW Beetle this week and it makes no noise when the clutch is pressed down, (although the passenger side door rattles like it's about to come off, but that's for another forum!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Murasaki

·
Registered
489 Posts
My clutch does not make any noise as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Actually it might make a creaky-spring kind of sound, I'm not sure. I know it doesn't make any grinding, sqeaking, etc. kinds of sounds.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Have you looked at the under body for any evidence of cracks or gouges from some road hazard you may have hit?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a small pond under my seat!

I bought my 2002 used 6 months ago. After it rained, i noticed that it was wet under the driver's seat. I took it to the factory and they said that it was a leak coming from edge of the floor (where it meets the door). They said that the previous owner had modified some of the wires that run along that ridge so that its repair wouldn't be covered under warranty. With all the rain that we've had here in texas in the last 2 weeks, I'm constantly soaking up towels of water and even after soaking it up, there's still a squishy noise when i push on the floor. I'm going to take it back to the dealer and have him show me what modifications were done to void the warranty because i think he just said that to avoid the repair.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: I have a small pond under my seat!

old97s said:
I bought my 2002 used 6 months ago. After it rained, i noticed that it was wet under the driver's seat. I took it to the factory and they said that it was a leak coming from edge of the floor (where it meets the door). They said that the previous owner had modified some of the wires that run along that ridge so that its repair wouldn't be covered under warranty.
I'd contest that assessment if your 2002 was Certified. It was supposed to be restored to "as from factory" condition. :x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts