Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first it was my passenger seatbelt. I didn't have it serviced.

Next my driver's side floor under seat was soaked. I take the car in and am told a few body plugs were missing and a seam needed to be resealed.

Three days and a good rain storm later my car carpet is soaked. I take the car back in and inform the manager of the problem. I'll update once the car is back.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I finally got the Insight I ordered last March. It came into the dealer the day before yesterday. A false alarm had me expecting to pick it up that evening. The dealer loaned me a new Civic to get back home. I must admit that I like the handling on my 1992 Civic better than this 2003. The new one drives more like an American car: quiet, solid and numb. I prefer nimble and responsive.

I picked the Insight up yesterday morning. It rained all day and all night. This morning, there was between a cup and a pint of water in the driver's side foot well. I sopped it up with a towel. I could not see a leak anywhere. I'm about to call it in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I decided that before I call it in, I should remove the driver's side speaker I just replaced and look a little more closely at my routing of the wires. The new adapter adds most of a foot of wire to the connection. I may have accidentally created a path for water to run along the wire and drip on the wrong side of a drip shield. Now I have to get a round tuit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My leak was caused from the aftermarket speakers. I had to cut some of the plastic to allow them to fit. This allowed the water to run down the bottom of the speaker housing then drip onto the door stil - next running right over into the carpet.

The dealer just put some plastic wrap behind the speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts