Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I think I'm going to invest in a set of Wet Okole seat covers. Everyone else is doing it, right? I'm looking for suggestions as to what colors look would good in my 2006 silver Insight. Part of the reason I'm looking for suggestions is that I really have no idea what color the interior of my own car is. Honda's specs list the interior as black/beige. My interior is *not* beige. It's fairly greyish, kind of like a stone color, but it's not pure grey. It's almost like that bland putty color of PCs and other office equipment. But not completely. (There's a sticker in the passenger door that reads "black/titan." Is "titan" the other interior color? What the hell kind of color name is that?!)

Since so many people here seem to have these seat covers, I'm wondering what colors other people have chosen for this particular interior. What color matches the interior? Tan? If you have pics, I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yatdave,

I bought the Wet Okole seatcovers a few months ago. I have the same interior colors in my 2006 as you do.
I specified tan when I ordered the seat covers, and wet Okole mailed back a couple swatches for me to compare to get the closest tan.
I chose the number 17 tan. When I first got the covers I was a little nervous that the tan was too light a color. But after installing they look fine. The color is not a perfect match but once inside the car where there is not quite as much light you don't really notice the difference.
Now that I have the official floor mats from Honda it's kind of a moot point anyway since the mats are "neutral" grey.

The seat covers fit perfectly, and as far as I'm concerned have paid for themselves already in spill resistance. Since you don't live close enough to the factory in So Cal for them to install the covers I recommend you remove the seats completely to put the covers on. I did. It took a hour or two but was worth the better fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to ask for that swatch, as well as the neutral grey. (I also have the factory grey floor mats - a color choice I really don't understand.)

Did you do the black side panels and tan center piece, as shown in their website? Or some other combination?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went with the black side panels and tan inside, plus pockets on the backs of both seats. For fun I got the dolphin logo in black on the headrest portion of the seat. Somehow the shape of the Insight seems very dolphin like to me. The logo just firms up the connection between the sleek animals and the shape of the car.

·
Registered
323 Posts
order swatches from them. I have a blue exterior and got black and blue seats. Whatever you order you will like them!!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
griller said:
Since you don't live close enough to the factory in So Cal for them to install the covers I recommend you remove the seats completely to put the covers on. I did. It took a hour or two but was worth the better fit.
I'm about ready to order covers for my seats, and I'm curious about yout comment about them installing the covers. I'm close enough to visit them, do they do that for free or is there an extra cost?

EDIT: I called them, installation is FREE. Sweet. I'm going to let them do it. Save me the hassle and insure a perfect fit!

·
Registered
685 Posts
They fit perfectly but getting them on can be a struggle: the fit is tight, as it should be.

I blew off trying to match the interior colors (in part because the interior is a mix of several colors!). Instead I went with black side panels and tried to match the center panels to my car's exterior color, which is red. Wet Okole has a red which is quite close. They look really nice and make the car look more sporty. merigayle did the same thing with a blue car and blue /black seats, and the photos of those looked really nice too. Don't know what I'd do if I had a silver Insight.

·
Registered
473 Posts
red1dr said:
Don't know what I'd do if I had a silver Insight.
They show 2 pictures of Insights. Both have the black edge color. One had a noticeably lighter center than the gray interior and the other one matches pretty good. Their order page lists a light gray but not a dark gray so I called them. The lady I spoke to said the darker one was "charcoal". I asked her to send me a sample of each so I can see for myself.

Anybody else get these and tried to match the gray interior? What color did you get and how did it work out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts