Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Hoping that someone can direct me to the right info on how to clear a SRS light. I think it may have been caused by a water leak above the seatbelts, but the leaks are now fixed. Also hoping to find more info on the $21 lawn mower battery option and if that change requires different battery cables, etc? It sounds like a great option especially if there is no additional cost of different cables. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OTC Encore

I replaced a seat belt in an insight and afterwards, the SRS light came on. I drove the car for about 50 miles and hoped that it went out, but it didn't. I hooked up a Cen-Tech Deluxe scan tool and scanned my car, but it didn't read any seat belt codes. I instructed the scan tool to erase any codes, however the light remained lit. I took the car to a garage where someone scanned it with an OTC Encore and it read code 4-01 "open/increased resistance in front passenger seat belt tensioner". We then instructed it to erase the code and when I started the car, the SRS light didn't come on. I've driven about 10 miles since then and it hasn't come back on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU for the great info. Looking forward to getting this light cleared soon. It is nice to hear from folks who have first-hand experience. Once the SRS light is cleared, i will have no undesirable dash lights(as long as the battery pack continues to hold strong). By GOD's Grace...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried to clear the SRS earlier today but could not get the SRS light to go off after the prescribed 6+ seconds. Will try it again later...maybe it takes a few tried as was mentioned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for letting me know about the lifetime seat belt warranty. That is fantastic! As it turns out the next try it cleared. I think that i did not have good contact jumper to connector on the first attempt. Many thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts