Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Maybe someone out there in Insight land can help me. I have a new insight which leaks water, after it rains, by some means into the area behind the column molding where the seat belt retracts Drivers side & passenger(Hopefully only there). I just had it to the dealership where they put it through a subcontract body shop, and came back to me saying "NO PROBLEMS FOUND". Obviously they did not find the problem. Can anybody help me? I am returning to the dealership, but could use any advise.

Thanks Much

Kittyhawk

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hello,

I am not sure which clip is was but if I am not mistaking, the persons who got the same leak as you had a clip holding one of the two trims back of the door (above the seat belt rolling around thing) that was leaking.
The clip goes through the body and water comming from outside can go through. They put adhesive silicon on the clips to resolve the leak.

The trim is either the "B-Pillar Lower TRim Panel" or most probably the "Quarter trim panel" . I thought it was a known issue, I suppose the dealer technician did not call Honda America to get better information for resolving your problem.

·
Registered
334 Posts
This subject has been well covered in previous posts.

Read through Wet Seatbelt to get more info on the subject.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yves M.

Hey thanks for the tip :wink: . I did not know that this was a common problem. I am not totally clear on what you mean by the clip in the door area. Could you please give me a little more detail. Do you think that Honda of America has a file number for this problem. I am wondering becouse I maybe able to tell or lead the service people in the right direction. Is it possible to fix this myself :?:

·
Registered
334 Posts
You may or maynot have a good experience with your dealership fixing your leak issue.

If your Insight is still in warranty then the repair will be covered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sparky 5501,

Ya, the car is brand new 04. But the dealership didn't have a clue for what was wrong :x . Do you have any suggestions for what I can say that might help with this? Yves M. mentioned something about a clip in the door frame area. I am not clear on that.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
The clip I was refering to is the plastic "push in " clip that goes into a hole in the aluminium body and holds the trim.
Used like a nail into wood (bad example but...)

I can not help about the Honda info. But I know that if someone holds a water hose at the right place (probably between the foof and the exteriour trim between the roof and door) the water will find itS' way in.

I would ask the technician to remove the interiour trims (quarter panel and the one below) that hide the seatbelt and then to water hose the car near the trim. I am sure the water will be shown inside.

I had my share of leaks but only the doors and front windshield:
http://yves.fungiart.com/pages/waterleak.htm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yves M.,

Wow, very inovative on the leaky door fix! Great job :twisted: . I am assuming no more leaks. Thanks for the details. I am dropping my car off at the dealership today. I will pass along the tip you recommended to see if that will help. Thanks.

Kittyhawk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts