Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All! Greetings from the G1 side of the site!

Just a simple question as I own a 2013 base model, and look to make it a more "comfortable" and "luxurious" car.

What are the base models pre-wired for? Rear speakers? Heated side view mirrors (with/without blinkers), Any pre-existing wires for backup cameras? etc.

I just want to get my G2 not to feel like rental, and more like a EX or LX model.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
We have an EX with navigation. I'm afraid as nice as it ever got, it is still a hair shirt. Honda made these things as cheaply as possible. That included not including anything, including extra wiring, in the base model. Luckily, it handles well and is actually fun to drive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's very unfortunate. So I would have to run wires for rear speakers, and any other accessories myself? I don't mind doing it, Id just hate to do it, and find wires at a different time.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I suggest you go down to the mod & tech section below and enter some terms like "base model" or "speaker wiring" and read some of the threads about what others have been able to do to upgrade their Insights. I would start with some sound insulation myself.
By the way, you can always pop off the covers or the whole door panel & look for wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts