Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been quoted about 21,000for a 2004 with AC and a stick. (I've already put down a deposit and the car should be ready by January, but I want to see if I'm being played with)

Any stories out there?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Want stories, do a search. Want a good price, do some research.

In my oh-so humble opinion, you should not pay more than $500 over dealer cost for a car where the supply exceeds demand. Especially for one that dealer nevers pays a penny of interest on. Go to other honda dealers and play them against one another. Paying list for an insight is a great way to get on a Xmas card list for several years. (i.e. they will want your repeat business)

Here is a link for 2003 insight prices, 2004 are proably the same.
http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2003-Honda-Insight.html

According to edmunds, There is a $1500 dealer cashback on 2003 models till the end of the year.

·
Registered
351 Posts
'04 price

flunkysama has some good points and useful links. I'm not so sure about the supply>demand part though, at least not out here in the west. The last time I checked there was not an '04 stick AC on any lot within 600 miles of me. It is kind of hard to play dealers off of each other when you have to order the car, but hey if you like to haggle, go for it!

To answer your question: We just paid $20,500 for our '04 stick AC. We called 3 dealers before we even found one that was interested in helping us. It took about 7 weeks to get here.

It was worth the wait! Good luck with yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts