Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Insight Pak

Hi j,

No, look at the first picture - see the little red thing to the left of the picnic table with tires? That's the Insight Pak - it's pulled behind the car.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim,

Your correct. A trained eye could even see half an Insight mirror. My wife was on the passenger seat but did not want to be in the picture.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Insight Pak

Yves,

Nice job! Did you notice any difference in handling with all that gear? How about mpg?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the Pack tires pumped to 75 psi and probably lost 8 MPG. Next time I'll try 85 psi. Road ruts feels better but braking is a little slower. More noticable with emergency braking.

In the link below, I have added a picture of the original trailer. It was done after bolting the parts together and before the modifications (cut,weld,...). Notice the change from the "Red trailer side view" image

http://yves.fungiart.com/pages/trailer.htm

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the laugh.

I need to admit that we look spoiled now that we have more carrying space (used to have a 2 person tent)

But instead of buying a dining shelter, we bough this big tent at Costco at about the price of a shelter and sold the older tent.

The new tent is two rooms: 1 for sleeping and the other 1 to cook/eat and be in when it rains (seats 5 with a table, for guests). And we can stand up strait everywhere in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts