Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love our 'new' Insight sooo much that we are considering buying a new '06 5-speed.

Problem here in Illinois is that most dealers don't want to bother with the Insight and want to sell you the new Civic Hybrid (CVT only). I have been told by 4 dealers that the Insight is a 'southern market car' and not readily available in the midwest. In our area, 50 miles west of Chicago, I have only seen 4 Insights on the road. You would think Honda would promote this high efficiency little jewel more than they do....

BTW, does anyone know how long it might be manufactured?

Thanx,
Tman

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
AFAIK the Honda dealer in La Crosse Wisconsin is one of the _most_ *pro* Insight dealerships in your region. But you should be able to "force" :? a local dealership to order you one.

I too would prefer doing business with a dealership desiring to help me in my purchase. :D

Timeframe has been reported by the few other members who have done it to be 2-3 months.

Just an FYI, YMMV and caviat emptor with _NO_ affilitation to the business.

http://www.hybridcarstore.com/

HTH! :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Took me exactly 3 months to the day. The dealership was not hugely enthusiastic, and there were some foulups in the ordering process, but in the end the car is in fact for sale and if you show up at a dealer with money they will find or order you one.

If you want a CVT model it's a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Well Dougie's post could be read 2 different ways James.

But I thought you'd have read enough in here to know the CVT's are "usually" readily available. Its the 5spds for the reasons you state that are "harder" to get. ;)

Yes, if when you want an Insight and _none_ are available in the color and options you want it will have to be built and *then* there is no difference.

AFAI rememeber there have not been any "wait to be built" delays for an Insighter wanting a CVT model. Wait to be transfered from another dealer :?: Yup :!:

HTH! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am looking into buying one and my Honda dealer (where i got my civic) says they do not stock them, sold only 3 last year and they are special order. Also, they said each dealer/ area or region is allocated a certain # of them at a time. Hoping to make a decision soon so i can get my order in (they said earliest is december) :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts