Honda Insight Forum banner

3641 - 3660 of 3691 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Replaced air cleaner element. Replaced the "Honda IMA" aluminum badge on top of the hood-under-the-hood engine cover.

·
Registered
586 Posts
One of my kids got a 2004 HCH CVT given to them Friday. I took it for a 30 mile drive on the nearby highway (55) followed by a slow country road with little traffic and few stops. Got 58 MPG in the HCH and repeated it with my car this evening and got 65.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
HCH1 Swap

just got back from my first drive since swapping in a HCH1 trans. Nice gear spacing, as expected. I'm looking forward to on-highway use when confronting small hills in cruise control. Unfortunately I have to deal with clutch pedal grabbing at the very bottom, although I thought I did a good job of mityvac-ing the line several times. :mad:
Edit: it took a two-man bleed. did it twice and everything was good. Since my speedometer is 10% high and I read the 2007 Fit gear brings it down to 3% I ordered one (p/n 78415-SAA-003) for $4!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Removed rusty beam axle

i was getting a lot of noise behind my seat, so I have removed the rusted beam axle and am putting in a newer one from a donor with 170k miles. Hopefully the bushings are good for a while. At least i'm getting rid of a lot of rust, I will have to replace the brake lines all the way to the front next. The replacement picture is on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts

Wanted to see how yellow tinted headlights would look since nobody else has done it from what I could find. Turned out alright, definitely should’ve used higher quality tint. For $4 off eBay it wasn’t terrible though, if I like the look i’ll buy some better quality tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Beautiful car. Stay away from the Pine Barrens. A Jersey Devil will steal that ride from you, for sure.

·
Super Moderator
6,719 Posts
Fixed my P0301 - cylinder #1 misfire. There was moisture on the plug boot below the o-ring seal. Guess the seal can leak.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Today I drove to Richmond and back. For a nearly 60 mile highway stretch I was able to achieve just over 70 MPG (starting with engine hot). This was with use of a Calpod switch and no other mods. I am finally nearing the center of the MPG onion.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Today I drove to Richmond and back. For a nearly 60 mile highway stretch I was able to achieve just over 70 MPG (starting with engine hot). This was with use of a Calpod switch and no other mods. I am finally nearing the center of the MPG onion.
Which highway were you on, *sean*? One of the interstates, or a “secondary” highway?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Which highway were you on, *sean*? One of the interstates, or a “secondary” highway?
Hi Arbus,

I was on secondary highways (55 mph, flat/rolling hills) plus a few small towns. I'm in the high 50s/low 60s going to/from work. Two known MPG hits are from not running RE-92s and running 5W-30 oil (as a test).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi Arbus,

I was on secondary highways (55 mph, flat/rolling hills) plus a few small towns. I'm in the high 50s/low 60s going to/from work. Two known MPG hits are from not running RE-92s and running 5W-30 oil (as a test).
I have a child in Richmond and have been north and south across the state a couple of times. Do you have a suggestion for the best way to get from Winchester to Richmond? I’ve taken several routes but can’t find any that I like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2002 CVT "Steamboat Willie" speaker upgrade

Changed my door speakers out yesterday with new Sony XS-R1346 5.25" 4 way speakers from Walmart. Cost about $40. I have to say that I really didn't hear much difference at all over the stock speakers. A little bit disappointing, to say the least. Then, I was browsing the forum and came across a thread where someone said that the rear speaker holes already had the wiring even if your Insight didn't come with those speakers installed. So, lo and behold, there they were when I peeled back the covering. So, I popped the stock speakers into those holes and now...a much better, fuller sound! It really helps to cut over the road noise. What a joy to drive in to work this morning and not have to really push the volume to hear the music and words. Yay, InsightCentral forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could not get the passenger side driveshaft nut off so removed the suspension.

Need to bring the shaft in to get replaced.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nearing the end of my "find the MPG" journey on my red 2004, I installed my new LAF sensor after feeling fairly confident that I was not going to contaminate it. I am able to consistently get 62 MPG on my drive to work, and 60 back (+/- 2-3 MPG). I need to compare my old LAF sensor + throttle position + injector pulse width data, and see what that says about how the Insight is interpreting the readings from aged LAF sensors (and whether some kind of compensation for sensor age is possible).

And now I own a 2003 CVT, with an overheating problem that the previous owner was not able to solve after visits to a mechanic. A full assessment starts today.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,382 Posts
It has been a long time coming, but today IC user Purple and I finally installed Scott's rear springs and GAZ rear shocks on my red 2000. I already have Scott's front springs installed. The car corners like a champ now!

The job wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. (Probably because Purple did more than half the work!) After taking the wheels off it's only 4 bolts on each side -- all of which are 14mm.

I set the shocks to the 6th click, starting having turned their dials all the way to the minus side.

Attachments

3641 - 3660 of 3691 Posts
About this Discussion
3.7K Replies
365 Participants
Pierromcdo
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing