Honda Insight Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 3719 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Replaced my cabin air filter. The plastic had never been cut... so it has never been changed before. I screwed the plastic back to the metal brace when finished.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Put replacement stick into pack and reinstalled. Swapping tires between cars, scraping off corrosion. Installed new 12V battery after attempting to recover to three old batteries. Also plastic-welded bumper on Saturday. Not done. Work work work but fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally got my G1 back on the road. Needed to replace the passenger side driveshaft and front brake pads and Rotors.

Cleaned the passenger side floor area from all the salt buildup form the previous winter (and previous winters from the last owner).

Also a nice car wash

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oil change, which was also my chance to install the Fumoto 106N valve. It was as easy as everyone says. A 3/4” wrench fits the valve body just right to give it that last eighth of a turn to snug it down.

FYI, the bolt that holds the spacer on is an 8mm. After removing the spacer and installing the valve, I put the spacer bolt back in the pan - wasn’t sure whether that hole went into the interior and decided not to take a chance.

While I was under the car, I noticed that the plastic fender liners, wind splitters and bumper were not attached to each other. I used a big zip tie on each side to pin them together and keep them from flapping around.

Classy, I know. Once I get used to the Fumoto, then I need to track down some underbody aero panels.

- Park

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I need to do this!!!

Where did you buy the valve adjustment tool and measuring guides??
I got my feeler gauges at the local auto parts store. A special tool is unnecessary, I believe all you need are a 10mm socket, a torque wrench and a flathead screwdriver. You'll also want some RTV sealant for when you put the cover back on, I use HondaBond.

My method was to slip the feeler gauge in, determine if it was too tight or too loose, loosen the retainer bolt, turn the screw head a little tighter or looser, torque it back down, then check again. Rinse and repeat for all valves until they're all in spec.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car I bought had the Rostra cruise with wireless feature. I replaced battery in remote and it still didn’t work. I bought a wired switch 250-3593 from Amazon now cruise works. I am doing 200 miles a day in this car so I hope it doesn’t hurt my mileage too much. We will see tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
driscoti:
Please include your location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You
willie

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put the donut spare on the left rear, my 7,000 mile old Bridgestone caught a big screw right in the center of the tire... I used my floor jack to put the donut spare on.. where the hell is my factory jack? I KNOW I used it before when I had my last flat a few years ago!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope, instead of replacing the switch I just pulled the switch rubber cap off and rubbed the contacts with a small screw driver. I followed these instructions:
The only tricky part is puttinf the rubber back on

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
He didn't tell you about the "hidden" screw in the dash vent. What's with that?
He must have a supply of dash covers in stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The car I bought had the Rostra cruise with wireless feature. I replaced battery in remote and it still didn’t work. I bought a wired switch 250-3593 from Amazon now cruise works. I am doing 200 miles a day in this car so I hope it doesn’t hurt my mileage too much. We will see tomorrow.

on the topic of Rostra, can someone who has experience with these things help me confirm if there is anything missing from this kit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today I began wiring up my calpod switch. Just waiting to connect it until after the CHP brake and light inspection. Also I replaced a burned out brake light. Put in sylvania LED's now I dont have either brake light or turn signal. Checked a couple fuses according to the fuse panel legend but no dice. Will continue trouble shooting and report back.

3681 - 3700 of 3719 Posts
About this Discussion
3.7K Replies
368 Participants
Saxjonz
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing