Honda Insight Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 3862 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rotated tires
Put in 0W-16 oil and a new filter
Flushed the clutch line

The 0W-16 made a noticeable difference in my G2 Insight, so I hope it helps my G1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
New engine air filter, cleaned out my EGR valve. Definitely didn't seem as bad as others I have seen. Perhaps the previous owner did it too.

Ordered new tires as well. Opted to go against the status quo and went with the Vredestein Quattracs. I like the design better and they're a newer technology tire which I feel safer on with winter approaching. If my 65 mpg car drops to 55mpg, well, then its a 55 mpg car and still way better than anything else.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Drove my car home from work.mileage has dropped significantly from the cold weather. I came home before dark so I would not use headlights.

I did notice a extremely heavy piece of metal under the steering wheel on the plastic cowling that I should take off but haven't yet. I don't see that it's beneficial it's just a gas eater.
If the mileage drops anymore on my favorite car I'm gonna start driving the one that I don't care what I get with it .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Yeah. 128 really sucks.

Sam

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yes and I was doing the best I could I did drive 50 and 51 miles an hour. I also purchased eight dollars of gas beside the Dairy Queen in Alamo Tennessee. That's where I sign most of my autographs.

I did take a flasher and removed the aluminum dome.seeing the small heating element . When it gets hot it straightens a spring loaded piece of flat steel. That connects the points. So the circuit is complete. So I monkeyed around with it. If you get the points to wide no good. But if you try serval times like I did. You can decrease the flashes per minute.

So if anybody wants to slow their flashers down so you pump a little less fuel in your fuel pump just let me know. The burns on my finger are not that bad.

it's the shrapnel in the eyes that will get you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought a second 2000 insight for $500, repaired the broken ground strap and added 30 pounds of air too tires. It had a 12v battery light on and 3 check engine codes p1568, p0134,p1576, after resetting the check engine codes , they have all disappeared and I have driven 200 miles so far. The ima battery seems stronger than my first insight, it has more acceleration and does not drop as fast, very pleased so far. It's got a first gear syncro problem however, and really wrong tires goodyear integrity 175/65/14.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It seems like all of the outstanding terrific wonderful car deals are out of my range .I don't need another car. But I sure do like here en when somebody gets a great buy.

Good cars good people

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bled the clutch and refilled the fluid today. Appears to be a very tiny leak that will need addressing eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the +30% hack (to be replaced with a PCB eventually)
Pulls like a champion now
New battery from Bumblebee as well

There go my dreams of 100mpg. I can't drive this thing slow now.

·
Premium Member
9,925 Posts
moneyShift:
Please include your location in your Profile.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Forgot to update on the short shifter! Feeling is much improved, would highly recommend for $14. Also finally got around to sealing the gaps in the a pillar trim with some electrical tape, hopefully no more wet seatbelts for me! Installed some sound deadening in the trunk, since i'm missing the trim box/bucket that goes in the secret hatch, and it's made a very noticeable improvement! Looking forward to installing some in the headliner/door cards!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made a chart using the required / recommended maintenance from the OM, and IC experts' suggestions, listing by mileage (155k, 160k, etc) what I need to have done. Helpful reminder for a forgetful old guy.

btw: was wondering about wheel bearings, finding out in other threads they're sealed and require no maintenance:confused:

..Bob
I am working on ceramic sealed bearings that should have significant benefits in acceleration and coasting

3841 - 3860 of 3862 Posts