Honda Insight Forum banner

3881 - 3900 of 3967 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I mounted my snow tires on my rims “old school” with tire spoons and used some starting fluid and a lighter to seat the bead, then hit it with the air.

·
Registered
104 Posts

She’s got a friend now! My friend bought a CR-Z, 6MT with only 65k on the clock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts

Oil and filter change, tire rotation, smog test (passed, did it between intermittent P1420 check engine light for cat)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Not so much what I did to it as what I did IN it.

Went shopping at Costco, 4ft LED shop lights are on sale for $17.99 limit of 10. I think that's a good deal, so bought 10 for the shop. Then added rest of things I needed to the cart. Went rolling out to the parking lot, there is a large, lifted 4WD truck parked next to the Insight. I was chuckling to myself about the size difference as I approached. As I opened the hatch the Bubba in the truck rolls down his window and says " All that gonna fit in that tiny car?"

I said yes, loaded it in and drove away laughing to myself. Could have fit another 10 no problem!!
IMG_20191218_132012991_HDR.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
Great haulin' . All that and you still managed to get a huge bag of potato hips in ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally had my 2001 insight painted. It turned out better then I had hoped for. If I knew how to upload a picture of it from my tablet i would so all can see. There now is no other like it in the world that suits me just fine. Please advise on how to upload from a tablet gallery. Thanks...Beverly

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took her out for an Italian tune up. Got a P2000 engine code (NOx) reset it and decided to put some heat in the Cat. After warm up I had a long 2nd gear pull up a hill from a light to 5000 rpm ( I usually hate this on ramp)

Car has never run better.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Have a BCM on the bench modified to report stick pair voltages and such via Bluetooth ($25 in parts). Just now got a very rudimentary Android proof of concept working. Next step is to test it in the car.

EDIT: AND OMG IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
All y’all do so much fancy stuff. How about something a little more mundane?

Replaced the passenger-side wiper blade. I tore the bottom edge of it with an improper “release-from-iced-windshield” maneuver. I would’ve replaced the driver-side, too, except the local dealership didn’t have that one in stock. One is now on order, just for me!

While there, I looked at the new cars, of course. They’re all so big! Plush, though, and tempting. The Accord Hybrid is pretty sweet. No Insights in the showroom, but several outside. No Clarity. They’d need to bring one in special for a test drive. The salesperson said that “customers just don’t understand that car.” Yeah. No thanks to Honda’s typically crappy marketing and poorly trained sales staff. Guy couldn’t even answer basic questions like “how far is it rated to go on battery alone?” Or “what’s the overall fuel economy?“

Bah!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Inventoried 20yr box O'bits. Ask via PM and I may have.
Installed new Bumble BeeMax Battery
Installed new Engine Battery (warranty)
Replaced air filters
Changing all fluids this weekend
All new tints Monday/Tuesday. Separated 1yr after warranty expired.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Now we for two "Site Navigation" buttons that do different things.!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Have a BCM on the bench modified to report stick pair voltages and such via Bluetooth ($25 in parts). Just now got a very rudimentary Android proof of concept working. Next step is to test it in the car.

EDIT: AND OMG IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice job. Is this doable with LTO packs? Can you share what you did and the parts you used.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Nice job. Is this doable with LTO packs? Can you share what you did and the parts you used.
I used a spare BCM, an Arduino, and a Bluetooth module. It reads whatever voltage the BCM is reading at the microprocessor pins. Something similar has been done before:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Fixed a loose OBD2 connector. Bottom clip was so loose the tech at emission testing almost refused to plug-in which would've been an automatic fail. Easy fix to spread clip with screwdriver. Picture from backside of clip taken with center console removed. Also was an opportunity to clean up an old spilled cup of coffee.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I used a spare BCM, an Arduino, and a Bluetooth module. It reads whatever voltage the BCM is reading at the microprocessor pins. Something similar has been done before:

I think may LTO converters would benefit from this mod, especially for ~$25, can I assume that anyone's BCM can be modified in that way? Can I also assume the same wires / connections used with the BCM Fooler from Peter are are connected to your Arduino, and a Bluetooth module? Can you provide more detail.

3881 - 3900 of 3967 Posts