Honda Insight Forum banner

3921 - 3940 of 3967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
Removed my old and sun dried dash bezel one more time without breaking it. Used the klr3cyl procedure here:

Broken window control wire in the door harness. Fix thread later when complete.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don’t use a ramp to change my oil, all accessible from ground. But that valve may be something I install. I bet it’s easy! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the Fumoto valve and love it. I drive 1000 miles a week so I change the oil frequently.

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
No Maybe. Just do it. Every Insight should have one. If you don't do it you'll kick yourself when you ruin the threads on a $400+ oil pan.

Sam

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, I thought 500 miles a week was bad, but it kinda is seeing that I’m in car for 3-4 hours in traffic 🤪
It’s not a bad drive, traffic is not heavy. I am mostly on the NY Thuway. I go from Northville NY to Rome NY. It takes me 1 hour 45 minutes driving normal speeds. I notice a real reduction in MPG if I exceed 65. Plus I am scared to get into an accident.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I managed to fit my new Mountain bike and my girlfriend in the car!

Took a bit of work but I didn't even need to remove the rear wheel! This will make weekend trips to ride much cheaper than taking the V Caddy Wagon

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Ok
I managed to fit my new Mountain bike and my girlfriend in the car!

Took a bit of work but I didn't even need to remove the rear wheel! This will make weekend trips to ride much cheaper than taking the V Caddy Wagon
Ok, I have to ask. Who gets the mountain bike once you get to the mountain?:unsure:

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
It's amazing that you mentioned the mt. bike before the GF, on putting in the car..
I hope you don't have to end up sleeping with the Mt. Bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cleaned the stinky interior of my recently acquired 2001MT. When I test drove it, I asked the owner if anyone smoked in the car... it kinda smelled.

“No”

Guess it has 19 years of “no deep cleaning”... had that old car odor.. wasn’t cigarettes. You know what I mean.
Took cleaning cloths to all hard surfaces, Turtle Wax upholstery cleaner to the seats and door cloth, scrubbed the rubber floor mats (aftermarket; drivers side worn out). Did a bit of shampoo on rear carpet, sprayed everything with Fabreze.
What a difference!
I’ll eventually take the seats out and properly shampoo the carpet and deep clean the seats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Burned down my battery.
Yep, I left the grid charger on a little too long and got distracted so hadn't hooked up the leads to the fan figuring I'd get to it later.... besides, it was winter, etc. It's truly impressive how much magic smoke it inside one of those packs. The pack is a total loss, perhaps two sticks survived and it even melted the housing so it would be difficult to re-use. Let this be a reminder to those who are casual about the fan connection while grid-charging. I've done it before without the fan and on warmer days, I just suspect one of the weak sticks had a drop in resistance or something.

It is true the car is a bit better with the battery removed compared to a failed but intact IMA system. Now I have to decide if I'm just going to sell the car or replace the battery (thinking prius cells).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Burned down my battery.
Yep, I left the grid charger on a little too long and got distracted so hadn't hooked up the leads to the fan figuring I'd get to it later.... besides, it was winter, etc. It's truly impressive how much magic smoke it inside one of those packs. The pack is a total loss, perhaps two sticks survived and it even melted the housing so it would be difficult to re-use. Let this be a reminder to those who are casual about the fan connection while grid-charging. I've done it before without the fan and on warmer days, I just suspect one of the weak sticks had a drop in resistance or something.

It is true the car is a bit better with the battery removed compared to a failed but intact IMA system. Now I have to decide if I'm just going to sell the car or replace the battery (thinking prius cells).
That's a shame. It could have easily been prevented as you point out. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I do. She'll hike or I'll drop her off somewhere. She can't really ride a bike.
Sounds like my wife, from Brazil, she scares me. Twice she bit the dust hard. Both times swatting at gnats. First time was a bloody mess; second time she was knocked unconscious. I’m a natural on two wheels as if they were my two feet. Childhood tires of passage, BMX till you drop days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
"reverse the tires", so now they rotate different?

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
Got my LTO car back together after having to take off L fender for door harness repair (broken wire). Great to have it back on the road:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Changed my cabin and engine air filters after owning the car for about a month. The engine filter wasn’t bad at all. The cabin filter, on the other hand, was just about as gross as I’ve ever seen one (See pic).

I also drove the car up Parleys canyon on i80 laden with two dogs, two relatively large humans, and two pairs of Nordic skis. This was an intentional stress test of the car to see if it’s worthy of road trips around the mountain west. Parley’s is about 15 miles of 4-6% grades. Did pretty well cruising in third gear at the lower grades going 65-70. I did have to drop it to 2nd and get in the slow truck lane for the last half mile which is quite steep.

Even in third I was using a lot of assist keeping the car at 70 and depleted the battery. But, no negative recalls, and all seemed peachy after the car recharged it. So, still pretty happy with my grid charging results and getting a reasonably functional battery in a $600 car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Developed and applied a new ignition timing table to my 200HP+ 2.4L engine swap, as well as some tweaks to intake cam advance and AFR. Tested it on my way to work. Outside temperate was in the mid 20's F, roads were damp. Target speed 62mph. Was creeping up toward 60mpg before I got off the highway.

3921 - 3940 of 3967 Posts