Honda Insight Forum banner

3981 - 4000 of 4031 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drove my G1, 200 miles round trip today in NY’s snow storm. I have to say it did much better than I expected. Snow tires and wheel spacers in the back worked well.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hooked up my new Saleae to the BCM to see what I was dealing with. Conclusion: a question. If I want to read 10 analog inputs, that have a voltage range of 0-5 volts, and kinda would prefer not to put 10 op amps in front of all, and have a 2 ms window every 10 ms to read them, and am sampling all at 100 hz, and want 12 bit resolution, what part should I be looking at? (and H8 should not be the answer, unless you can point to a toolchain for it.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my first one. 42 mpg at 75 mph with the IMA light on and lean burn not working. :(
Time to start fixing everything. A-pillar exterior cover, interior trim, trunk latch, IMA, and the godawful shifter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Drove to work at the start of a blizzard...
2BF78289-36AE-40F5-8C35-817431694D58.jpeg

Nine inches of snow fell...
ACEBADE4-5F19-42D9-87B1-36B9CFC3ACFB.jpeg

Waded home...
238C7A5E-6ABF-4788-A56E-01FEB1003E74.jpeg

Had to stop in the street to shovel the drive (again). But the little car did fine!

- Park

·
Registered
36 Posts
Drove to work at the start of a blizzard...
View attachment 84354

Nine inches of snow fell...
View attachment 84355

Waded home...
View attachment 84356

Had to stop in the street to shovel the drive (again). But the little car did fine!

- Park
I drove mine Friday in NY’s snow storm. I am running Nokian snow tires. I do have a set of chains for them in an emergency. Hopefully I never need them. Supposedly there is storm coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
!00% keeping it fun. I have an OCD thing when it comes to OEM parts on any car I have. I'm totally aware there are absolutely no returns on this car. I've wanted one for so long that the money has not bothered me too much....yet!!! It's getting close though lol.
im the exact same way, a bout a month into owning mine i spent about 1200 at honda for maintenance parts. just to make sure everything was fresh and oem even though most of what i replaced had just been replaced by the previous owner but with aftermarket stuff so that all had to go. it only had 120k miles on it luckily.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Could you go into more detail on the green stuff on the bumper. I can only see it with a small telephone screen . I know it's only rock 'n' roll but I like it .

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Hooked up my new Saleae to the BCM to see what I was dealing with. Conclusion: a question. If I want to read 10 analog inputs, that have a voltage range of 0-5 volts, and kinda would prefer not to put 10 op amps in front of all, and have a 2 ms window every 10 ms to read them, and am sampling all at 100 hz, and want 12 bit resolution, what part should I be looking at? (and H8 should not be the answer, unless you can point to a toolchain for it.)
Here's a board with 4 inputs, you'd need three of them: ADS1015 12-Bit ADC - 4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier

Here's a similar one for cheaper: HiLetgo ADS1115 16 Bit 16 Byte 4 Channel I2C IIC Analog-to-Digital ADC PGA Converter with Programmable Gain Amplifier High Precision ADC Converter Development Board for Arduino Raspberry Pi:Amazon:Industrial & Scientific

Here's a Digikey search for chips that should meet your specification, if you're comfortable soldering fine-pitch SMD components: Link

I found one that comes in a through-hole DIP (I did not thoroughly check the datasheet, but it looks like it does what you neeed): TLC2543IN Texas Instruments | Integrated Circuits (ICs) | DigiKey

An Arduino Mega has 16 5V analog inputs, but only 10-bit resolution.

If you want help picking a specific chip from that Digikey search, just ask and I'll be happy to look through them for you.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I drove mine Friday in NY’s snow storm. I am running Nokian snow tires. I do have a set of chains for them in an emergency. Hopefully I never need them. Supposedly there is storm coming tomorrow.
My take after living in Montreal for a couple of years and riding on Michelin snows in winter up there, if you can't make it with just the snows, stay home. Just like four wheel drive, chains can get you stuck really far from help. And, as usual, YMMV.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Here's a board with 4 inputs, you'd need three of them: ADS1015 12-Bit ADC - 4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier

Here's a similar one for cheaper: HiLetgo ADS1115 16 Bit 16 Byte 4 Channel I2C IIC Analog-to-Digital ADC PGA Converter with Programmable Gain Amplifier High Precision ADC Converter Development Board for Arduino Raspberry Pi:Amazon:Industrial & Scientific

Here's a Digikey search for chips that should meet your specification, if you're comfortable soldering fine-pitch SMD components: Link

I found one that comes in a through-hole DIP (I did not thoroughly check the datasheet, but it looks like it does what you neeed): TLC2543IN Texas Instruments | Integrated Circuits (ICs) | DigiKey

An Arduino Mega has 16 5V analog inputs, but only 10-bit resolution.

If you want help picking a specific chip from that Digikey search, just ask and I'll be happy to look through them for you.
I'd been using a Nano and 3 ads1015s but could not get them to sample within the short sampling window at 100khz, just barely at 1 mhz but the system was unstable and locked up. After posting, was thinking of switching.to a Teensy 3.2 (2 i2c, 5v tolerant inputs) or 3.5 (3 i2c) to parallel the ADCs on separate i2c buses, but the TLS2543IN looks perfect! Ordered; will see how it goes. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,628 Posts
trying to see how good i can get these MPGs
That really works to improve aerodynamic performance. Cooling airflow through the engine compartment is very lossy aerodynamically. Did the same myself at one time. I called it a 90% grill block. One stern warning - you must have some accurate auxiliary method to monitor the coolant temperature. The dash gauge is totally inaccurate for these purposes. I believe the manual says the thermostat is fully open at 214F. If you get above that, then you need to be removing some of the grill block. See my signature for my mileage record;)

3981 - 4000 of 4031 Posts