Honda Insight Forum banner

4021 - 4040 of 4066 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Here's one right away;)

Your right side spat appears to be sagging a bit at the front. Remove the spat and tap the upper attachment fingers just a bit to add more "grip" That will help keep it up and avoid it possibly coming loose on the road with resulting damage. A trick from klr3cyl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's one right away;)

Your right side spat appears to be sagging a bit at the front. Remove the spat and tap the upper attachment fingers just a bit to add more "grip" That will help keep it up and avoid it possibly coming loose on the road with resulting damage. A trick from klr3cyl.
Cheers fella. I'd somehow not noticed!

·
Registered
2006 Red CVT Insight
36 Posts
Getting to the passenger side/front engine mount is not bad at all. Pull bumper and remove ABS unit (have to bleed system after of course). Gonna replace water pump, belt tensioner, and drive belt while i'm in there. Water pump has slight amount of endplay.
Insight MTR mounts.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
You don’t have to pull the ABS pump to do the right engine mount. You do have to loosen it from the mount bracket, take off a couple of hold down bolts on the lines and unplug the harness from it. But then there is enough room to lift it up and slide the bolt out. I don’t recommend undoing the brake lines attached.

Scott

·
Registered
2006 Red CVT Insight
36 Posts
You don’t have to pull the ABS pump to do the right engine mount. You do have to loosen it from the mount bracket, take off a couple of hold down bolts on the lines and unplug the harness from it. But then there is enough room to lift it up and slide the bolt out. I don’t recommend undoing the brake lines attached.

Scott
Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed new front speakers (Infiniti Reference 6032si) fortunately dropped right in without having to mod the stock speaker covers or cut out the door panels, will prolly do the rears today or tomorrow. Only complication was that they use 4 screws to mount vs. the stocker's three. Was easy enough on the door, re-used the top mounting point and self-tappped the screws on either side into the plastic
How much better would you say these speakers are than stock? I've noticed my speakers don't sound as good as my old car but I was also thinking that could be because I'm playing from a cassette tape.

·
Registered
2006 Red CVT Insight
36 Posts
How much better would you say these speakers are than stock? I've noticed my speakers don't sound as good as my old car but I was also thinking that could be because I'm playing from a cassette tape.
Did you mount those tires yet?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Checked my tire pressure. I thought mileage had dropped into the low/mid 50s because of Wisconsin winter weather. Turned out all four tires were down to near 20 psi. Add air and, presto! Mileage improves dramatically.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Replaced the broken piece in the Hatch Motor Assembly. Thanks Jesse!

it’s important that you get the timing correct because my latch wouldnt move until I got thei initial gear in the middle.

Took her for her weekly drive. Lunch with the girlfriend then all highway.

·
Registered
2006 Red CVT Insight
36 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got my broken windshield replaced by Safelite after like a 2 month wait thanks to Scott shipping me the clips. I was gonna get it done last week but my car started overheating... Plastic top of the radiator cracked and I guess air had a while to build up in the system. Mechanic ordered several aftermarket radiators but they wouldn't fit so I bit the bullet and ordered a denso from majestic Honda. Estimated 2 week wait time was the fastest I got. It seems like it's starting to get hard to get parts for the car :(

Also got some other maintenance out of the way. Oil change, replaces the top ground strap and adjusted the hood latch. My hood still sticks up a rather noticable fingertips length over the side panels but I can't adjust the latch down any farther or the hood won't close. Bump stops on the side are almost all the way up and still have quite a bit of clearance. I'm gonna have to do a better job on another weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
Your hood adjustment issue will require a block of wood and a largish hammer, or your car needs something like CPR at the hood latch area.
The radiator support on your car is bent/pushed up from the bottom.
You can lay a block of wood behind the hood latch and give it a whack. Then you will have to potentially adjust the latch back up.
It may take a couple of tries, proceed with caution, don’t try to kill it with the hammer if you try.

HTH,
Scott

·
Registered
277 Posts
Installed new front speakers (Infiniti Reference 6032si)
They sound great, however I didn’t use stock grills. Too sound quality killing, nice to know yours would fit. I couldn’t get mine to really work like that...maybe I didn’t even try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh and the rears really add to the sound. I’m thinking the doors need something behind to beef up the sound like those enclosures they sell to improve the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Wasn't today, but a few days back took mine out on the lake for Gymkhana - kindof like autocross, only in this case about a mile from the shore.

Today I got my cruise control working again. Still need to integrate it into the RSX steering wheel buttons.

4021 - 4040 of 4066 Posts