Honda Insight Forum banner

4161 - 4180 of 4192 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Saw them last year... they're so awesome!!
That's so funny...
I attended their first concert at the Pittsburgh (PA) Civic Arena in the spring of 1984!
I felt like the Oldest Person There.
But, they were so awesome, then, too!

Reactions: Natalya

·
Registered
13 Posts
An old lady drove one of those cheap Chinese SUVs (Is it a Ssangyong?) into the front bumper, the Insight won that fight but now I've had to order some paint and need to push the bumper back into place. Suppose it gives me an excuse to get around to pulling the rear apart too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Loaned my Insight to my son to drive from Wisconsin to Texas for the summer, because his car died an hour from home.

In Kansas, the Insight developed a serious shake at anything over 50mph. Turns out one of the rear shocks exploded. Ironically, I have Scott’s new springs & shocks in the garage - now being overnighted to a mechanic in Ft. Scott, KS.

He was complaining about paying for an extra night in a hotel... then realized he’d saved more than that on the gas. :^)

He’ll learn to love the car by summer’s end.

- Park

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Washed and waxed my G1 in preparation for Saturday's Cars and Coffee in Franklin. Cleaned the headlights and applied 303

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Met Atheo at Nashville Cars and Coffee. He was in his Silver G1 and I was in my Red G1.
20200606_093548.jpg
20200606_093554.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
What did I do to my G1 Insight today?

I walked across the street and just stared at it. Thought about how good it looks parked in front of our little house, and how much it beautifies the neighborhood.

Sure, it has issues (no acceleration, no A/C, and now no IMA), but I don't care.
It looks sooo cool.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Met AP1ZE1 at Nashville Cars & Coffee yesterday, lost my outer A pillar on I40, and got my AC charged up from Firestone. Also got some more mileage on my recently rebuilt IMA. Next up, gotta tackle a P0420 and track down an SRS issue. (guessing driver side seat belt issue)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Usually I’m better looking than most people I meet. But a wrench was throw in the machine When I started meeting Insight members. No I feel like the ugly duckling of the Bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Usually I’m better looking than most people I meet. But a wrench was throw in the machine When I started meeting Insight members. No I feel like the ugly duckling of the Bunch.
not sure what you're talking about. I've been to a couple of InsightFests. We ain't that pretty :)

·
Registered
2002 Honda Insight [manual]
23 Posts
Checked tire pressure for the first time since I bought it (only 500 miles ago).

Front left is about 55psi, the two passenger tires are at 45psi and the right rear is at 40. Tomorrow I'll top the low ones off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replaced the clips in the exterior A pillar trim in an attempt to find my roof leak. If I would’ve realized they sucked that bad to pull out of the roof, I would’ve made some Christmas tree clips work.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Too bad you didn't search and find this video. You don't pull them out. They are one-time use only.

Sam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dissasembled the windshield-wiper cowl cover and removed the wiper arms to diagnose some slappy play in the passenger-side wiper arm. Found the apparently common loose degraded bushing, and decided to order replacement rods (which include the bushings). Cleaned cowl area, cover, and applied some of that black plastic restorer. Tomorrow will check with local dealer for parts before ordering them online. Nothing else seems wrong besides the loose bushing. Is it worth replacing any other parts while I'm in there?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Replaced the top two engine mounts, had to go on an unsuccessful hunt for ramps to get at the bottom one.
That said, it went from sounding like a can of spraypaint in a concrete mixer to sounding like silence, so I'm sure once harbor freight has ramps back in stock it'll be a very happy little car.
Oh, hey, I did that other engine mount two days ago. Once I had some ramps to go up on, it went without a hitch. I didn't even have to track down lube for the exhaust flange bolts, they came right off. Decided to see how it sounded without an exhaust, and was not surprised to find it sounded just like a dirt bike. Definitely keeping the exhaust on this car.

·
Registered
2002 Honda Insight [manual]
23 Posts
Took the car to the shop for an oil change and a basic checkup to see what might need work near down the line as I'm a new owner of the car which has 260k miles.

They were all pretty interested in the "manual hybrid" and laughed at how little oil it needs.

I want to start performing my own basic maintenance eventually. Gotta get the equipment though.

4161 - 4180 of 4192 Posts