Honda Insight Forum banner

4321 - 4336 of 4336 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
if it fits... it ships! I carried 7 packs in mine for a troop 3-day 50 miler before covid hit. it's incredible what these cars can do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Found a hen’s tooth!

Ran out of light to complete the wiring up for my grid charger this afternoon, but look what was hiding in in the battery compartment (1st time I've had the compartment open):

Back in it's place now...

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
320 Posts
So, I replaced my engine air filter the other day and over the two days since, average MPG is up to 49.8 from 48.4. Temps have been up in the mid 70s from the low 50s.

How much of the mileage gain might be attributable to warmer weather versus clean air filter?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight (silvio)
9 Posts
Trunk Latch Repair

Replaced whirring trunk latch with the 3D printed repair part from Jesse. Thanks Jesse and Mudder for making this part available. Works great. Hardest part of job was reconnecting the two rods to the actuator assembly. Next time will be easier- but hopefully there won’t be a next time. The only thing I broke was one of the two tailgate clips. It’s the upper side one - where you have to push in the center to release/remove. I didn’t realize that until I broke it prying it out.... oh well - easy to replace.
Can you put me in contact with Jesse? I want to buy the plastic gear parts for a failed Hatch Actuator on 2000 Honda Insight. My motor is working fine, but only key will unlock the tailgate. I need a repair kit for the actuator. Thanks, Harborman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you put me in contact with Jesse? I want to buy the plastic gear parts for a failed Hatch Actuator on 2000 Honda Insight. My motor is working fine, but only key will unlock the tailgate. I need a repair kit for the actuator. Thanks, Harborman
I will DM you his email

·
Registered
182 Posts
Took my Insight through a car wash.

Seriously, I hadn’t done that for about a year and a half. The first and only time I washed it previously, I discovered the roof rail leaks and had sweet-smelling car wash soapy water oozing into my carpet for a week.

I’m happy to report that after installing klr3cyl’s roof kit, this trip to the car wash was squeaky clean with no mean leaky. Yay. Simple pleasures.

- Park

Reactions: Steady

·
Registered
2002 Blue 5MT
18 Posts
Replaced a leaky CV boot, which involved welding up a disassembly/reassembly tool from some 1" steel box stock and the old axle nut (CV boot kit comes with a new one).

I still have a laundry list of stuff to do before the car is even close to done, but Citrus is just a little closer to being back on the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh, and I got the Lloyd floor mats. Worth the money! I'm too muddy for carpet.

And I made a cargo mat out of puzzle-piece foam tiles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@benbirby do you have a photo of the floor mats?
Here's the driver's side mat, which is nice because it has the hole for the pin and also covers the dead pedal zone:

I wouldn't call them beautiful but they fit great and now I'm not paranoid about ruining the carpet.

Here's my (also not beautiful) homemade cargo mat:

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,965 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You.

4321 - 4336 of 4336 Posts