Honda Insight Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 4569 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I would rather drive your car. And have his money in the bank. But that’s just me . I’ve got six cars and all of them together is less than the payment on a brand new Chevrolet truck for one year. A lot less.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would rather drive your car. And have his money in the bank. But that’s just me . I’ve got six cars and all of them together is less than the payment on a brand new Chevrolet truck for one year. A lot less.
Same!!

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Installed a 8th gen civic Si seat today! Only did the driver's, the passenger will come soon enough. It places you about an inch off center... So not really sure how I feel about it, but I didn't modify my stock seats, so I can always put them back if I can't stand being off center. They are WAY, WAY more comfortable than the stock seats though.

·
Registered
2000 MT
125 Posts
How high are they compared to stock. Slightly off center is okay, would make me feel like I'm in a viper. I love my 8th gen. Super comfortable seats.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
How high are they compared to stock. Slightly off center is okay, would make me feel like I'm in a viper. I love my 8th gen. Super comfortable seats.
The same exact seat height. But I'm definitely removing it, it being so off center is driving me crazy. The stock seat is slightly off center, but this is worse.

I thought the Insight driver's seat is already off center, no?
Yea it is by a very, very small amount. This adds 1.25-1.75 more off center and is just uncomfortable to drive. It sucks, because the seat is miles and miles more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,325 Posts
Can the steering wheel be relocated slightly?
Loosen or remove the steering wheel mount bolts and see how much free play (side to side) there is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had to pop out the driver’s side windshield washer nozzle and stab needles into it and blow compressed air into it until a black glob of sludge came out. Reinstalled and working again. It was 100% clogged

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Can the steering wheel be relocated slightly?
Loosen or remove the steering wheel mount bolts and see how much free play (side to side) there is.
No sadly :(. Fortunately they fit my brothers jeep wrangler, which needed seats anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’m deep cycling the battery on my new Insight, and took some time between readings to clean the well in back. Gosh, what a difference that makes!

I suspect after one of the accidents this car sat with no back window or the hatch open.There was deep filth down in the crevasses.

I know nobody will see this, but the car just “feels” better.

- Park

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally got a new Greentec 8amp battery pack! So nice to now worry about the IMA for at least 3 years.
Also while I was installing Scotts belly pan had to straighten up the lower rad frame. Used my wifes Cappuccino to pull it straight! lined up perfectly after!

·
Registered
218 Posts
That’s awesome!

The Insight was hand built on the same line as the S2000 and NSX, it shares the same heritage.

I used to get a lot of waves from s2000 and NSX owners. It’s a new generation of owners now.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
501 Posts
Park -- Crevasses? Man, are we going ice climbing in the back of your car? (Maybe in Wisconsin we are).

·
Registered
9 Posts
The gas attendant told me that they were out of regular, but I could get premium for the same price. Immediately noticed an increase in power and gas mileage. FCD went from 58 MPG for the previous tank to 73 MPG over 80 miles on the new tank of gas. My guess is that my combustion chambers have quite a bit of carbon buildup resulting in preignition, which is resolved with premium fuel allowing the computer to maximize efficiency. Thoughts?

4521 - 4540 of 4569 Posts