Honda Insight Forum banner

4581 - 4587 of 4587 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Gathering front suspension parts for a refresh (shocks, control arms, links)...still waiting on OEM shocks. I'm keeping this car for years to come so I've decided to invest some money and enjoy it more rather than living with all the squeaking from worn-out parts.

Tinted OBDIIC&C to match brightness of other gauges. Wash and detail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought it! Technically yesterday, but oh well. 2000 Red 5MT. Has it's fair share of cosmetic issues (could use front bumper, hood, and wheel skirts, they're ugly but functional), but runs fairly well and only has 135k. Oil (Rotella 0w20), coolant (Honda Type 2), and MTF (Honda) change will be done this week. I use the Rotella 0w20 in my other vehicle, so have it around and trust it. Will be using OEM fluid for everything else, unless recommended otherwise. Indexed plugs and EGR plate gasket have been ordered, so I'll be replacing plugs and cleaning the EGR plate in the next couple of weeks!

·
Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
Welcome to InsightCentral. Sounds like you are well on way to getting the maintenance items updated. Sounds like you are of a diy mood, and that is the best way to own these now "classics." How many miles on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to InsightCentral. Sounds like you are well on way to getting the maintenance items updated. Sounds like you are of a diy mood, and that is the best way to own these now "classics." How many miles on it?
Hi Jime, and thank you for the welcome!

135k miles on it right now. It's already had quite a bit done to it. It was previously a salvage title, and took a bit to get it back into shape. The "biggest" things it hasn't had done yet are suspension components, EGR plate cleaning, and (still have to confirm) rear motor mount. It's already had a new IMA battery (older now and weak, but no IMA light yet), head gasket, radiator, thermostat, EGR valve, catalytic converters and O2 sensors, among other things I'm sure. Previous owner (from this board) gave me a folder with every receipt and a mileage log book for every tank of gas. So it may not be the prettiest, but I'll make sure it's at least a good runner. Cosmetic things can be dealt with later :)

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
525 Posts
Washed it and took it to a local cruise night. Only the 2nd Japanese car there (Miata). Two British (both Lotuses). Rest was Detroit iron (or fiberglass - lots of Corvettes).

4581 - 4587 of 4587 Posts