Honda Insight Forum banner

4601 - 4620 of 4657 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm getting a set, it's just more of a when thing if the right price comes along and they're looking nice. Might end up getting them powder coated to match the paint. I have the lighter blue, not the aqua, the US 02 blue. My rims are ok at a distance but they really detract from the car when you get up close so by the time I spend the money on some OEM that are in really nice shape I'm almost into used Volk territory the way the OEM rims are starting to go for clean ones. Should cause a slight bump in 0-60 too, they're 5 pounds lighter per corner.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Fuzzy math doing 5 pound divided by 11.5 pounds is 43% of the difference. They got about a 5% reduction in 0-60. So if I got 2% it would be around 2 tenths

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
There also seems to be a lot of talk about improvements in ride quality and handling which are both pretty key points for me. When my car is completely done I want it to be able to be comfortable and be able to flick it down mountain switchbacks. I am going to be doing the rear bushing mod to tighten up the handling as well.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Spent some time on my cell-level NiMH stick conditioner. Solved a voltage measurement issue and got my first clean discharge plot. The red curve supposedly consumed over 7 amp-hours from peak to bottom (0.9V) during its discharge into a one ohm load. It then was repeatedly discharged back to 0.9V whenever it recovered to 0.95V and another half amp-hour was consumed doing this for about 4 hours.

·
Super Moderator
8,986 Posts
Data is looking good. Now all ya gotta do is calibrate the scales so you can read them directly. With this I can see that best is about 50% better than the worse. No, wait, I think I'm misinterpreting the graph. Looks like that pair just started discharging later for some reason. What accounts for the delay in time?

I think you gonna need a new thread for this. Folks are going to start asking questions like crazy ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,986 Posts
Great, but what does it all mean?
It is a stick reconditioning system he has been working on. This is plots of the output capacity curves for the stick pairs.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
645 Posts
I gathered as much, but I don't speak double e. What I know about electricity could be written on the inside of a matchbook with room to spare. Plus, neither X nor Y axis are labeled which makes interpretation challenging.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Filled up, thanks to EFAS my 4.3 mile drive home from the gas station yielded 122.9 mpg.

Also, had the car aligned today after strut/control arm/link install. Drives sturdy, tight, straight!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I
Also, had the car aligned today after strut/control arm/link install. Drives sturdy, tight, straight!
I seem to remember in Car & Driver’s long term test of the Insight, they complained about highway stability. When they had the alignment checked it was factory-set at 0 degrees toe-in. They added .5 degrees (memory?) and found tracking improved but also a noticeable mileage hit.

Curious what you got your alignment set at?

- Park

·
Super Moderator
8,986 Posts
Filled up, thanks to EFAS my 4.3 mile drive home from the gas station yielded 122.9 mpg.

Nothing will hype MPG better or faster than a FAS circuit:D

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I

I seem to remember in Car & Driver’s long term test of the Insight, they complained about highway stability. When they had the alignment checked it was factory-set at 0 degrees toe-in. They added .5 degrees (memory?) and found tracking improved but also a noticeable mileage hit.

Curious what you got your alignment set at?

- Park
Honda dealer had a $89.95 special so they did it, I didn't request anything special so I assume the car was aligned to whatever spec they usually use. It's straight as and arrow and smooth as butter so I'm happy. I do remember that info in the review though!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sold it!

After a few weeks of shuffling parts around, I finally delivered my silver ‘02 to Steve. He’d actually committed to buy It weeks ago and was very patient.

Well, maybe not that patient. He bought a second one while waiting for mine. 🤣

Bittersweet to see Igor roll away, but Lazarus is good company. And my wife is happy to get a parking space back!

- Park

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Gave the go ahead on the "mutant" transmission build, see Bulldogs 6% thread for specs, also gave the go ahead on sourcing a lot of parts for the next Jue pit stop. Gaz shocks, door trim, rostra cruise. My a8 seats should be shipping out of walla walls today, those will get the usual mini land yatch thread treatment. In talks about some used volk CE28n next time I'm near Chicago. My dad shipped my spare mcm and back off to Peter for full c&c and current hack.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Took it for an evening cruise. I’ve just finished a lot of little things and decided to enjoy the early summer evening with a run up the Mississippi to Winona, MN and then back down the other side. Beautiful evening swooping through the bluffs and along the river.

- Park

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Took it for an evening cruise. I’ve just finished a lot of little things and decided to enjoy the early summer evening with a run up the Mississippi to Winona, MN and then back down the other side. Beautiful evening swooping through the bluffs and along the river.

- Park
So cool to see you enjoying this car and doing some repairs.

I'm at about 100 miles into my newest tank of gas, so far mpg average is about +3 compared to last tank without EFAS. I've figured out when to and to not use EFAS on my commute, and I end up coasting in three places, about 3 miles out of 20. So fun to have a new element to the car, I love these little innovative mods.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I could see forced auto stop being helpful on long down grades. If you put in in neutral to lower resistance the injectors turn on to idle. If you open the throttle same thing. Lot of places I could coast several miles in neutral

4601 - 4620 of 4657 Posts