4661 - 4663 of 4663 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
3 days ago: new strakes
2 days ago: crappy used bumper & bumper bar
1 day ago: 800 miles, average 64 mpg by the pump without aero panels
Today: all new engine mounts & axle seal
Tomorrow: other axle seal, timing side seals, and valve adjustment, then test drive with something better than that awful Honda gear oil
Nice! What gear oil are you planning to use? I was just posting elsewhere about good aftermarket alternatives like royal purple or pennzoil….

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice! What gear oil are you planning to use? I was just posting elsewhere about good aftermarket alternatives like royal purple or pennzoil….
Friction modified version of genuine Synchromesh. I've heard one of the other brands isn't quite the same, and a lot of other Honda guys swear by it. Royal Purple might be good too, but I think we want something a bit thicker than OEM. I get perfect, greased-glass slick shifts when my gearbox is cold. Once I'm driving, it gets a bit notchy.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Friction modified version of genuine Synchromesh. I've heard one of the other brands isn't quite the same, and a lot of other Honda guys swear by it. Royal Purple might be good too, but I think we want something a bit thicker than OEM. I get perfect, greased-glass slick shifts when my gearbox is cold. Once I'm driving, it gets a bit notchy.
Thanks! So what exact product, I'd like to research it but I need to know what product you are using.

4661 - 4663 of 4663 Posts