Honda Insight Forum banner
4701 - 4720 of 4725 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts

Best ever mileage for this car, so far. 70.9mpg on the interstate from Milwaukee to La Crosse. Not outstanding in the Insight field, but when I bought Lazarus and drove it home from North Carolina back in March, my best interstate tankful was 52mpg.

Since then, I’ve replaced the no-name tires with new-ish Nexens, swapped out the tatty 3-part panels for Scott’s 1-piece underbody tray, replaced the EGR, and replaced the tired IMA battery with my decent reconditioned IMA battery. Lots of other miscellaneous stuff too, but the little bits do add up.

Had a great trip down to the family farm in Indiana and back, too. I do love driving this car!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I had my Insight up with Honda Ireland head office for some photos with the Honda e for an upcoming social media campaign
The Insight still looks more futuristic

Reactions: MparkH

·
Registered
G1 Insight
17 Posts
The Insight still looks more futuristic
I agree! It's the type of design that Honda could probably launch today as a new car with only minor tweaks and it would be well-received I think. It was very ahead of its time, one of the reasons I love owning it.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,082 Posts
I didn't realize how big the Honda e is.

·
Registered
G1 Insight
17 Posts
Correct! The Honda e is not a large car, but in that pic the Insight is parked further behind. Here they were side by side.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,082 Posts
I can't believe how far behind Honda is on getting a purchase-worthy EV to market. All it needs is 350 miles range. That's the only requirement. Why haven't they done this yet? They had to cancel the Clarity EV, probably because of low sales, probably because of its tiny range. If you go on the Honda website they say "new Honda Prologue coming in 2024" and don't even have a photo of it. It's a shame. Honda e probably won't come to the USA either.

Reactions: Dougie

·
Registered
659 Posts
I can't believe how far behind Honda is on getting a purchase-worthy EV to market...
I so agree with you on this. The company has never been stellar at sharing what's next. But with drive-train technology changing as it is, it sure seems more important than it used to be. I mean, if I knew Honda was coming out with a 350-mile EV in the next couple of years, and could see what it looks like, I wouldn't even be considering something like a Bolt!

Reactions: Natalya

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Got an EPS code 16. Using my Autel I was able to reset it and get a live data stream before it konked out again. Seems the two sensors differ by 0.1 volt and this is causing it to shut off EPS. Removed the 12v battery and tray to assess what is required to access the torque sensor. Ugh.

Torque sensor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Replaced my rear glass. The Dow urethane and primer kit was only $20 and I used less than half the tube. Cut what you can level, use the primer even with the "primerless" urethane. It'll bond better, plus "primerless" is only for new glass and clean metal, not old urethane cut off. Notch the nozzle to make a v-bead (look it up) and it'll seal perfectly. I had to fabricate new lower alignment clips, spacers, and salvage the old defroster tabs to solder on. Turned out really well.

Going to fix and repaint the spoiler later while it's off.

I also made a subwoofer box from scratch, tuned for my NOS Infinity Kappa Perfect. It just fits in the trunk or on the shelf. Inside the trunk, it's even louder. It's plenty loud, takes 400+W RMS, and with a little sound deadening, you can hardly hear it outside the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,356 Posts
No. All Citrus are 2000. All 2000 are 5-speed.

Sam

4701 - 4720 of 4725 Posts