Honda Insight Forum banner
5021 - 5040 of 5073 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Car looks good, I wish there was a green 5SP version.

You could turn the hubcaps so the bottom of the H symbol is lined up with the valve stems. Which I never even knew was a thing until recently but now it sticks out to me like a sore thumb. :rolleyes:
Ha ha! This car is a driver/beater - not that nice to be worth the effort. I grabbed the photo quickly without much prep. Did I mention single digit temps?

- Park

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
You can still rock the green caps.... air is 78% nitrogen to begin with.

·
Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
371 Posts
Cool picture. Just wondering if you fabricated your own bicycle rack? Thanks.
What bicycle rack? Wiper arms are up so they wouldn't freeze against the windshield.

·
Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
371 Posts
My mistake, it looks like a hitch/receiver under the trunk of your Insight.
No problem. Have you seen Scott's Trailer Hitch?

·
Registered
255 Posts
No problem. Have you seen Scott's Trailer Hitch?
Not yet. I heard quite a while ago that he was designing one, but I didn't keep up on it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
How are they? I have unstudded version on order.

Colorado allows studs 12 months per year, but states in the South don't allow them at all so

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
1,169 Posts
Can’t say. Have not driven on them yet. I’ll report back after I do.

Well I ran an errand and the roads were clear, so I can’t say how the handling is, but they are quite noisy as you might expect. I think the rear IMA enclosure and cargo compartment act like a giant reasonator. Sounds like you’re driving around with a box of lose marbles in the back.

At least my mechanic will hear me coming.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been driving mine a little more than I'd like lately. Didn't want to introduce it to salt, but here we are.

The Fit which has snow tires lost its brakes the other day, and the already-very rusty Miata with studded snow tires hasn't been running since November due to a dead fuel pump. Glad I coated the rear beam when I first got the Insight.

After this photo, it was thoroughly washed at a nearby self-serve car wash with heated bays. It'll get washed again after tomorrow's rain.

It's been a struggle here lately with temps. A radiator block helped a little, especially with intake temps. It was around 15°F outside when this was taken.

I managed to do okay.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
See if you can find a car wash that doesn't have brushes, but instead a robot that circles around the car. Then drive really slowly over the undercarriage spray at the entrance.

Or if you get a warm day and can run a hose, put a frog-eye sprinkler head under there and move it around.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The car wash near me that is touchless cuts off the undercarriage spray when you're halfway through.

I'm the person that brings a small aluminum jack to the car wash at night, so majority of the underside gets washed.

At home, I have an attachment for the underside. Just not ideal during freezing temps. Not my first time doing this lol.

5021 - 5040 of 5073 Posts