Honda Insight Forum banner
5321 - 5340 of 5402 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
3,482 Posts
Today TN officially revoked my "LITHIUM" license plate. We've been going back and forth on them for a while now. TN believes my plate is 'inappropriate' because it promotes drug use. Short of suing the state, I've exhausted the appeals process. Their decision is final, so today I switched back to my old TX "LITHIUM" plates, which are considerably more expensive (~$200/year), but I prefer them because they're on the "Oil and Gas" plate:
I'm skeptical TN could survive a 1st amendment lawsuit on the merits. Therefore, I've decided to sue the state.
I've just placed Daniel Horwitz on retainer.
Well that was fast... after speaking with my attorney, TN decided they didn't want to fight this. They're going to send me another 'LITHIUM' plate. If only all my legal engagements were this fast! My longest running case is about to turn ten years old!

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
1,370 Posts
I had a ten-year + insurance cost recovery action I was litigating againt insurers for a landowner againt a tenant who operated a build -to-suit metals recycling facility and grossly contaminated it with every toxic substance known to man. Case was filed before I joined the firm and still ongoing ten years later when I left.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Paid the annual tax, £180 because it is a JDM import - would be £0 if it was originally supplied by Honda UK.

Also added a pair of wires from where the on board charger is connected to the battery pack to a connector to allow me to plug in a voltmeter and a discharge resistor for easier pack cycling.

·
Registered
202 Posts
For those with rusty brake lines and clutch lines, grab one of those brake and clutch conversion kits for a 96-00 civic with rear drum brakes. It gives you AN3 adapters for all the spots, and gives you braided steel lines.

I have not tried civic brake hoses (rubber) though, so maybe just replace them if original. They should be changed before they fail anyways. Every G1 Insight on the road should by now have had the rubber lines replaced, even if they are not leaking or showing damage. Unless you change your brake fluid every 2-5 years (depending on the chocie of fluid), those lines are junk inside.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Guess I can't blame my tires for lousy (56 highway) mileage.
Haha well I have to admit that this was a bit of an outlier. Turns out that if you drive up a long hill, and then coast back down, you can get a really high average MPG. This trip was to Wilkerson Pass, 9500 feet, from Colorado Springs, 6000 feet. Third gear all the way up, coasting in 5th most of the way back. Also a warm day and no wind, just about perfect conditions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Honda factory radio swap. 15 minute lunch install.

Replaced original 2000 Insight Alpine 20Wx4 cassette stereo with Clarion 30Wx4 CD Stereo from a 2006 Insight. Thanks, Zack!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Been driving the Insight with the new $40 EGR valve. Before I would get around 38 around town with 42 on the highways. Now I am getting 55-56 on highway and 48.6 overall. Which is finally better than the 48.1 lifetime MPG my dad ran up over 186,500 miles.

Better.

5321 - 5340 of 5402 Posts