Honda Insight Forum banner
5421 - 5440 of 5471 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,042 Posts
Cont;
And then sneak around to the back of the store and swipe some more emptys to turn in. LOL

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cont;
And then sneak around to the back of the store and swipe some more emptys to turn in. LOL
Sounds like you woulda been one of those kids my parents wouldn't want me hanging around with! ;]

• Haha
Reactions: 1036Project

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Glad you're ok!

·
Premium Member
00 MT
24 Posts
Table Wood Toy Lego Creative arts

Finally got around to fixing the cluster buttons. Really nice being able to use the trip odometers. The old switches worked partially, but it took a lot of massaging to get them to do anything.

·
Registered
2006 CVT 179K
36 Posts
Did my first oil and filter change on the 06. According to the windshield sticker it had been 18 months and 5k miles.
The 0w-20 supertech full synthetic and a wix filter cost $30 and I have ~2 qt left over. Not bad.
The drain was super easy since I'm missing all the belly pans....
Decided to flush a bit of fresh oil through while it was draining to get all the old stuff out.
Couldn't get the filter off by hand so I had to break out the old universal filter wrench.
Worth every penny.

Thanks to IC I think I was able to reset the Maint. Req. Counter even though the light wasn't on by holding the odo reset button and turning the key to run pos. Light came on with the other indicators as usual, went out briefly, then came back on for about 10 seconds before finally turning off. Hopefully it doesn't pop on in 3k.

·
Premium Member
2000 Silver M/T
1,176 Posts
I made a decent score at the salvage yard recently which included a complete rostra cruise control. I kept my S2000 cruise control button (and an S2000 leather wheel) from my 1st Insight when it was totaled a few years ago and installed it over the weekend. They charged me $15 for the cruise control!

·
Registered
2000 Insight 5MT
49 Posts
Really eyeing that Rostra cruise kit for my car. We'll see how my 500mi road trip this coming weekend goes.

Hopefully have a belly pan for me and another for my buddy on the way from Scott, excited to see what that does for my fuel economy.

Replaced my EGR valve today on a whim, car roughly doubled its off-idle torque and transients are buttery smooth now. Bought a Duralast part for a 3.0 Honda Odyssey. Car still doesn't love going into lean burn. It'll kick in for 1 second and then kick right back out. LAF is less than a year old and matches what the car had factory and the EGR passages are clear. Huh.

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Automotive design Car

·
Registered
198 Posts
Drove mine for a good while in one day. Haven't done this much driving in it in one day since bringing it home.

I think it did well for doing no less than 70 mph on the highway. Encountered hills and a fair amount of nonsense traffic in DC, go figure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Wood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

@KLR3CYL / Scott hooked me up today with a timecert and a fumoto valve to combat the stripped oil pan threads I encountered doing the first oil change of my new Monte Carlo Blue. Brought the car home tonight and am currently digging into the interior tidying it up.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
^ I'm not really sure. I was giving my 15-year-old nephew a ride and he asked if he could pump the gas. I popped the door open so I know he didn't pry it. He said he didn't know what happened but I'm pretty sure he hit it with the gas nozzle lol.

5421 - 5440 of 5471 Posts