Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3710 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
More yesterday than today but I finished the pack swap between the Blue car and the Black car along with the grid charger. So now the Black car is nearly A1.

The Blue car now has the Black cars pack, which appears to be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
-gave exterior an overdue bath... improved Cd by 0.02%

-swapped out the rear springs for Matiz units with one ring cut off

-swapping out the dampers for the Monroe units, will finish after pizza arrives

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
What was the color codeing on the Matiz units?
Thanks
Willie

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
What was the color codeing on the Matiz units?
Thanks
Willie
Green/Yellow.

I ran out of time/energy to finish it today. Springs are installed but managed to only get one of the new Monroe dampers installed. A simple bolt-in this is not, and the modifications are time consuming. I bolted the oem unit back in on the passenger side for now.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Over the weekend I washed, clayed & waxed the Blue Insight, prior to her being taken away by her new owner, hopefully she's off to a good home.

Finally got round to fitting the audio into the Black Insight, now I can stop talking to myself when driving him.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Replaced the old damaged fender liners with the much nicer ones I got from Jeff. Wheelwells look much better now. I was a bit surprised how much of the front wiring bundle rides above the driver's side liner, protected on two sides by only plastic panels (liner and fender).

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Did an oil change with some Mobil 1 extended 5w-20, new Mobil 1 M1-108 extended filter and lowered my Insight another 1/4 inch all around for a total of 3/4 inch lower than stock.

Took off my Mugen MR-5's and put my OEM wheels back on...:(

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Did an oil change with some Mobil 1 extended 5w-20, new Mobil 1 M1-108 extended filter and lowered my Insight another 1/4 inch all around for a total of 3/4 inch lower than stock.

Took off my Mugen MR-5's and put my OEM wheels back on...:(
What springs/dampers are you running?

Here's the scene in my garage yesterday:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was a bit surprised how much of the front wiring bundle rides above the driver's side liner, protected on two sides by only plastic panels (liner and fender).
That's very, very common... at least on Lexus cars. Some morons lower their LS400s to the ground and when the tires rub through the fender inner liner and strip out a wire or two, they wonder why their car won't start :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Today... well more like over the last week. I have installed a full upper and lower grill block. I have removed the passenger wiper and also the hatch wiper. And I got an Ultra-Guage for Christmas! and also I removed my partial Warm Air Intake.

Pics to follow!

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
What springs/dampers are you running?

Here's the scene in my garage yesterday:
I'm running GC/Eibach coilovers with OEM Front struts and Monroe 5752 rear shocks. Just waiting to see if those Koni shocks ever materialize...:confused:

Not a bad ride really, firm but not too harsh. I might lower it this weekend another 1/4 inch so I can have a total of 1 inch lowered all around.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've just moved the foam stuffer blocks I put in the back behind the trim in the cavity above the wheel arch when I did aloud of sound proofing, I think they must have dropped as they were blocking the airflow to the Cabin exit ducts and the car has been steaming up a lot with a significant increase in vent flow when I opened the window.

Also took the speaker grill off and realised I have aftermarket 13" speakers on adapter plates.... Doh need to swap those out!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
811 Posts
water pump, idler pulley, and serpentine belt replaced at 265,300 miles. parts from majestic and many thanks for the tips and knowledge here.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Another busy afternoon in my garage yesterday. I finally got to mostly finish what I started a week ago.

With one coil cut from the springs, the rear was too high- over an inch. I cut additional half a ring (total of 1.5) and now it sits maybe a half-inch tall. I intend to bend the bottom coil to flatten it so it will seat into the cup properly. Once that's done it should sit just right.

I found this article on cutting springs. Anyone here have experience with this? The main consideration when using heat to bend a short section of it is to prevent the entire spring getting heat-soaked which would basically ruin it.

I finished the rear shock absorber swap with the passenger side. It's a day later and my garage still has a burnt rubber funk from boring out the new bushings in the Monroe's to fit the mounting pins and grinding the original bushings off. I reduced the outside diameter of the bottom sleeve a few mm's with my lathe and it pressed into the bushing with a bench vise without much of a struggle. There's no good way to chuck the top pin without a pair of 4-jaw chucks that I don't have, so I ground it by about 1mm or so with a disc sander. Good enough for government work.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
41 - 60 of 3710 Posts
About this Discussion
3.7K Replies
368 Participants
NathanC
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing